- Who should attend the The Graduate School Commencement ceremony on May 22, 2018 at 7 p.m. at NJPAC?
- This Graduate School ceremony is for all master’s and doctoral students who will have completed their graduation requirements in May 2018.
- I think I may be able to graduate in May 2018. What do I need to do?
- Please visit montclair.edu/red-hawk-central/managing-your-academic-life/apply-for-graduation/ for more information about how to apply for graduation.
The deadline to apply for May 2018 graduation is December 22, 2017.
- Will the Commencement ceremony be live streamed?
- Yes, the Commencement ceremony will be webcast. Please check montclair.edu/commencement on the day of Commencement to view the event via the live link.
- What is the difference between Graduation and Commencement?
- Graduation and Commencement are frequently confused terms. Graduation means actually completing and fulfilling your degree requirements resulting in a diploma. Graduation is the technical obtainment of credits to receive a degree. Commencement is the symbolic ceremony marking the closing of your academic career where you receive commendation for your hard work. It is an opportunity for you, your family, friends and the Montclair State University community to celebrate your achievement.