Business Analytics (MS) – STEM Designated Degree Program
Business analytics professionals transform data into intelligence that leads to improvements in financial performance, strategic management, operational efficiency, and customer loyalty and retention. If you have an interest in applying quantitative methods, exploring and uncovering relationships through data analysis, and using data to solve business problems, the Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) program will prepare you for success in this emerging field.
The program provides a strong foundation in data analytics, statistical and predictive modeling, analyzing structured and unstructured data, enterprise architecture, data management, knowledge discovery, pricing analytics, analytical reporting, segmentation analysis, and data visualization.
The required core courses supply depth of knowledge in the use of analytics to identify trends and patterns and refine and develop strategies suggested by the data. The program culminates with an applied industry based practicum.
Along with the Business Analytics (MS) program, The Feliciano School of Business is now offering a new Business Analytics Certificate at the graduate level. Please refer to our programs of study page for a comprehensive list of all of the graduate programs offered within the university.
We are seeking students with strong quantitative abilities and a desire to leverage analytical tools and technologies to uncover business solutions. Ideal applicants will hold an undergraduate degree in business, science, math or another technical field and have three years or more work experience.
The Graduate School requires the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree in order to be eligible to apply for a graduate program. Applicants with non-U.S. degrees, please visit the International Applicants page to review the U.S. degree equivalency information.
In order to make applying for graduate school as seamless as possible for you, we have
created an application checklist. This checklist can be a reference point for you during the
application process to ensure that you have a comprehensive understanding of the steps
needed to apply, as well as all corresponding supplemental materials for your specific
program of interest.
- Application Deadline: Rolling Admissions.
- Submit Online Application: Please create your online account and submit your application by following the general application instructions and pay (or waive) the non-refundable $60 application fee. Once this step has been completed, the online portal will allow you to upload your supplemental materials.
The following is a list of the supplemental materials that will accompany your application for the Business Analytics (MS) program:
- Transcript: One from each college attended.
- Essays/Personal Statement: Describe your interest in the Business Analytics area.
- Letters of Recommendation: Two.
- Students holding degrees from non-US institutions must request a course-by-course transcript evaluation from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services or by Educated Choices. TOEFL or IELTS is required for applicants to any program who earned their degree in a country where English is not the official language. Please check our International Applicants page for more information and for our current TOEFL/IELTS Waiver Policy.
MS in Business Analytics program comprises of 30-credit hour course content. Our 10 course/30 credit program is designed for full or part-time study and can be completed in 18 – 24 months.
For more information, please visit the Business Analytics (MS) program listing in the University Catalog
If you have any general questions regarding the application process and requirements, please email or call us:
The Graduate School
If you have specific inquiries regarding your program of interest, please contact the Business Analytics (MS) Program Coordinator:
*During the summer months, there will be a rotating department chair available to answer your inquiry. Click to find the updated summer chair for this program.*