Business Analytics (MS) – STEM Designated Degree Program
Business analytics professionals transform data into intelligence that leads to improvements in financial performance, strategic management, operational efficiency, and customer loyalty and retention. If you have an interest in applying quantitative methods, exploring and uncovering relationships through data analysis, and using data to solve business problems, the Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) program will prepare you for success in this emerging field.
The program provides a strong foundation in data analytics, statistical and predictive modeling, analyzing structured and unstructured data, enterprise architecture, data management, knowledge discovery, pricing analytics, analytical reporting, segmentation analysis, and data visualization.
The required core courses supply depth of knowledge in the use of analytics to identify trends and patterns and refine and develop strategies suggested by the data. The program culminates with an applied industry based practicum.
Visit the Feliciano School of Business website at the links below for more information about the different options for pursuing your MSBA with Montclair State University.
- Online MSBA – Earn your Online MSBA wherever you are in as few as 20 months.
- Full-time Blended MSBA – Earn your MSBA in as few as 16 months through a combination of face-to-face and online courses. You will enroll in 9 credits in Fall and Spring semesters and 3 credits in the Summer semester.
Along with the Business Analytics (MS) program, The Feliciano School of Business is now offering a new Business Analytics Certificate at the graduate level. Please refer to our programs of study page for a comprehensive list of all of the graduate programs offered within the university.
Register for our exciting Launch Your Analytics Career event being held on Thursday, September 28, 2023 at 5:00 PM
We are seeking students with strong quantitative abilities and a desire to leverage analytical tools and technologies to uncover business solutions.
The Office of Graduate Admissions requires the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree in order to be eligible to apply for a graduate program. Applicants with non-U.S. degrees, please visit the International Applicants page to review the U.S. degree equivalency information.
In order to make applying for graduate school as seamless as possible for you, we have
created an application checklist. This checklist can be a reference point for you during the
application process to ensure that you have a comprehensive understanding of the steps
needed to apply, as well as all corresponding supplemental materials for your specific
program of interest.
- Application Deadline: Rolling Admission for Fall and Spring Semesters depending on program option
Priority Deadline: May 1st for Fall admission to the Full-Time Blended, Part-Time Blended, and Online program option. Applications that are complete as of the May 1st deadline will receive priority review, and can expect an admissions decision by May 16th or sooner. Applications completed after the priority deadline will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the program is full.Priority Deadline: November 1st for Spring admission to the Full-Time Blended program option only. Applications that are complete as of the November 1st deadline will receive priority review, and you can expect an admissions decision by November 16th or sooner. Applications completed after the priority deadline will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the program is full.
- Submit Online Application: Please create your online account and submit your application by following the general application instructions and pay (or waive) the non-refundable $60 application fee. Once this step has been completed, the online portal will allow you to upload your supplemental materials.
The following is a list of the supplemental materials that will accompany your application for the Business Analytics (MS) program:
- Transcript: One from each college attended.
- Essays/Personal Statement:
- Please explain how pursuing a graduate program in business analytics is a fit with your work and educational background. If you plan to change careers, please describe your interest in business analytics and why you believe the program is right for you academically and professionally.
- What are your career aspirations and what do you hope to gain from this program upon graduation?
- Resume: Required.
- Letters of Recommendation: Two.
- Applicants with non-U.S. degrees, please visit the International Applicants page to review the US degree equivalency information.
MS in Business Analytics program comprises of 30-credit hour course content. Our 10 course/30 credit program is designed for full or part-time study and can be completed in 18 – 24 months.
For more information, please visit the Business Analytics (MS) program listing in the University Catalog
If you have any general questions regarding the application process and requirements, please email or call us:
Office of Graduate Admissions
If you have specific inquiries regarding your program of interest, please contact the Business Analytics (MS) Program Coordinator:
*During the summer months, there will be a rotating department chair available to answer your inquiry. Click to find the updated summer chair for this program.*