Digital Marketing Analytics (MS) – STEM Designated Degree Program
The ability of marketing managers to see, understand and utilize information for the advancement of their brands has never been more important or accessible through the use of analytics. With the right tools, businesses can make more informed decisions about their digital strategies that help them gain and maintain competitive advantage
Our 30-credit, STEM-designated Master’s degree program is designed for marketing professionals or those entering the field, who seek a grounding in applied business analytics skills and hands-on knowledge of current practices in digital marketing. Participants will work with real-world data and intelligence to develop mobile, social and web game plans that drive profitable growth by aligning campaigns with consumer needs.
The program’s unique, balanced blend of analytics and digital marketing content ensures that students achieve proficiency with useful tools and techniques including analysis of large and complex datasets to obtain insights, data modeling and visualization and web scraping. They are able to integrate and apply those skills within the theories and technologies of the digital marketing ‘ecosystem’ – customer experience, programmatic advertising, campaign management, omni channel retailing and social network analysis.
Students earn professional certifications in Facebook Blueprint Community Manager Certification, Facebook Blueprint Certified Marketing Science Professional, Google Ads Display Certification, Google Ads Measurement Certification, Google Shopping Ads certification, Google Video Ads certification, Hootsuite Platform Certification, Hootsuite Social Media Certification, Hubspot Inbound Marketing Certification, Hubspot CMS for Marketers, and, through a culminating capstone experience that includes a practicum course with experiential projects and live case studies, they are able to demonstrate their abilities to solve problems, and predict outcomes, with the appropriate identification and use of data and information to produce positive digital marketing results.
Job and career opportunities for Digital Marketing Analytics professionals continue to expand as employers seek qualified individuals to diagnose historical campaign performance, forecast product or service results by market and channel segments, and identify problems or strategic weaknesses in advance of marketing investments. And growth in labor market needs over the next decade is projected to grow much faster than average. (source: EMSI)
If you are interested in preparing yourself to meet the exciting challenges and opportunities of the digital marketplace, armed with the business, technical and communications skills needed to turn data into informed decision-making, our MS in Digital Marketing Analytics is for you.
This program is offered in two delivery formats:
- Asynchronously Online – Earn your degree online wherever you are – Fall and Spring starts.
- Blended – A mix of in-person courses, fully asynchronous online courses and hybrid courses – Fall and Spring starts.
Please refer to our programs of study page for a comprehensive list of all of the graduate programs offered within the university.
This program is open to students with interdisciplinary backgrounds. Completion of a recent statistics course with B grade or better is required. If you have not received a B or better you will be required to complete a foundation module in Statistics.
The Office of Graduate Admissions requires the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree in order to be eligible to apply for a graduate program. Applicants with non-U.S. degrees, please visit the International Applicants page to review the U.S. degree equivalency information.
In order to make applying for graduate school as seamless as possible for you, we have
created an application checklist. This checklist can be a reference point for you during the
application process to ensure that you have a comprehensive understanding of the steps
needed to apply, as well as all corresponding supplemental materials for your specific
program of interest.
- Application Deadline: Rolling Admission.
- Priority Deadline: May 1st for Fall admission. Applications that are complete as of the May 1st deadline will receive priority review, and can expect an admissions decision by May 16th or sooner. Applications completed after the priority deadline will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the program is full.
- Priority Deadline: November 1st for Spring admission. Applications that are complete as of the November 1st deadline will receive priority review, and you can expect an admissions decision by November 16th or sooner. Applications completed after the priority deadline will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the program is full.
- Submit Online Application: Please create your online account and submit your application by following the general application instructions and pay (or waive) the non-refundable $60 application fee. Once this step has been completed, the online portal will allow you to upload your supplemental materials.
The following is a list of the supplemental materials that will accompany your application for the Digital Marketing Analytics (MS) program:
- Transcript: One from each college attended.
- Essays/Personal Statement:
- Please explain how pursuing a graduate program in digital marketing analytics is a fit with your work and educational background. If you plan to change careers, please describe your interest in digital marketing analytics and why you believe the program is right for you academically and professionally.
- What are your career aspirations and what do you hope to gain from this program upon graduation?
- Resume: Required.
- Letters of Recommendation: Two.
- Applicants with non-U.S. degrees, please visit the International Applicants page to review the US degree equivalency information.
View the curriculum information for the Digital Marketing Analytics (MS) program.
If you have any general questions regarding the application process and requirements, please email or call us:
Office of Graduate Admissions
If you have specific inquiries regarding your program of interest, please contact the Digital Marketing Analytics (MS) Program Coordinator:
*During the summer months, there will be a rotating department chair available to answer your inquiry. Click to find the updated summer chair for this program.*