Safety is Our #1 Priority!
With the health and safety of our community top of mind, all visitors to campus are asked to follow Montclair State University COVID-19 guidelines.
- All visitors coming to campus are required to complete our self-screening tool, Hawk Check, prior to arrival.
- Wear a mask at all times when indoors, and wear one outdoors in crowded settings or when participating in outdoor activities that involve close contact with other people.
- Event staff may ask you to show your proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test result.
We Can’t Wait To See You!
There is something for everyone at Homecoming. Click through the tabs to see what we have for YOU!
We invite you back to campus for a day filled with fun, food and football! Start your day with a visit to the Alumni Welcome Tent. Check in, pick up your free alumni gift and learn about the day’s activities. Join in the festivities on the University Promenade. See the amazing changes on a campus tour. For those 21 and older, don’t miss the Alumni Tailgate. Then, at 6 p.m., it’s game time! Cheer the Red Hawks to victory over TCNJ!
Pre-Registration is Now Closed
Walk-ins are welcome! We look forward to seeing you on campus!
All alumni are encouraged and welcome to attend Homecoming. We want you to come back!
- When’s the last time you visited campus? Let us give you a tour!
- Have a family now? Show them your old stomping grounds.
- Just graduated in May? Join us and meet up with other recent grads!
For more information, contact the Office Alumni Engagement at 973-655-4141 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Homecoming is for everyone, including you! So much so, that all week leading up to Homecoming Day, Student Life at Montclair (SLAM), the programming board of the SGA, plans fun and exciting activities just for you.
This year’s homecoming theme is “Rocky’s Heroic Homecoming” and we have a week’s worth of activities coming your way.
Chalk the Walk Competition
Recognized student organizations and departments will have the opportunity to battle it out on the Student Center Quad to try and design the best square with chalk! Prizes will be awarded out to the top three (3) groups. If your group is interested in participating please fill out this form by Monday, October 4 at noon.
This activity is a means for all to showcase their enthusiasm, positive experiences and spirit that exist within our Montclair State Community.
- All designs should be in accordance with the theme of homecoming: “Rocky’s Heroic Homecoming” and Red Hawk/Montclair State University Pride.
- All artwork must be original ideas and created entirely by the participants.
- All artwork must be suitable for all audiences to view i.e. no rated R chalk work, this will be on the Montclair State sidewalks for everyone to view.
- All artwork must be started and finished within the given time limit on Wednesday, October 6 between 1:30-5 p.m.
- All spray chalk is prohibited.
- All artwork must remain inside the given area, do not draw on or near others art.
- Watching others is encouraged, bring your friends, but you cannot purposely distract other competitors.
- All artwork must be finished with participants’ signatures (for accountability purposes).
- All designs should embody the focus of the club/organization/department/residence hall. The name of the sponsoring organization(s), must be clearly displayed.
- Designs should be in good taste and nature. Designs that include references to alcoholic beverages, drugs, nudity, lewd behavior or obscene language will not be permitted and will result in immediate disqualification.
- Designs should not violate the rights of another person for reasons of race, color, sex, gender identity, age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability.
All groups will be provided with one box of chalk.
Designs will be judged on: Incorporation of the ‘Rocky’s Heroic Homecoming’/ Red Hawk Pride, Creativity, Appearance, Originality and Representation of group in design.
You can dance, recite poetry, do magic, showcase your skills! If you are interested in performing you must fill out this form by Monday, October 4 at noon. There will be three winners:
- Best Individual Performance
- Best Group Performance
- Fan Favorite
Participation in the Showcase is limited to Montclair State students. Every performance must be sponsored by a Recognized Student Organization, Campus Department, or Residence Hall. You can sign up as an individual performer or as a group/ team.
Do Not Break University Policy
Possession and consumption of alcohol or any illicit substance is not permitted anywhere at anytime, as per Montclair State University Policy.
If any student, alumni or guest present is found in violation, the following penalties will apply to the organization they represent:
- Direct and immediate disqualification of your team from the Showcase
- Depending upon the severity of the violation, you will be reported to the proper authorities.
It is the responsibility of each group’s Executive Board/Leadership to control the activities, actions, and security of its members. Every participating organization should have at least two (2) Executive Board members present for the Showcase.
The Homecoming Committee reserves the right to disqualify any organization whose members engage in behavior disruptive or hazardous to the events of Homecoming. Any fighting will result in the disqualification of any and all organizations involved, whether it is one member or forty.
If your talent requires music it must be emailed to Casey Coleman by Wednesday, October 6 at 12 p.m. Remember that your music must be CLEAN and EDITED for language and content and should be all on one track. Homecoming is a Family-oriented Event.Failure to comply will result in your disqualification.
- Your performance cannot be more than four (4) minutes long. After the four-minute mark you will be ushered off stage.
- Participating individuals/ groups/ teams will be asked to line up at the Student Center Patio at 3:15 p.m. on Saturday, October 9. Performers will be placed in order and you will perform and be judged in front of the Amphitheater.
- Any destruction of ANY property on campus during the Showcase may result in your arrest.
- You must also clean up any mess or trash your scene/performance leaves behind, or be disqualified.
- You cannot use glitter, silly string or confetti during the performance.
- Do not leave any props behind.
The winners for all Homecoming activities will be announced on Homecoming Day!
Family and Friends
We hope you join us for a fun-filled day of entertainment, activities and an all around good time.
- Is your child a current student here? Come back and spend the day!
- Is your spouse or best friend an alumnus? Encourage them to bring you so you can see the beautiful campus at its finest!
Regardless of your affiliation with our University, we know you will enjoy.