Last Modified: Thursday, October 27, 2022 9:27 am
(Click on the down-arrow to view the week’s events.)
Monday, October 24
- Rock N’ Roller Rink, 7-10 p.m., Student Center, Ballrooms and Red Hawk Diner (sign up for one of the three available time slots!)
Tuesday, October 25
- Chocolate Factory, 1-3 p.m., Student Center, Ballrooms
- Nightmare on Clove Road, 7-9 p.m., Clove Road
Wednesday, October 26
- You Can’t Sip With Us, 1-3 p.m., Student Center, Rathskeller
- Chalk the Walk Competition, 1:30-4 p.m., Student Center, Quad
- Disco Inferno Silent Disco, 6-10 p.m., University Hall, 7th Floor Conference Center
Thursday, October 27
- Homecoming Concert, 7-10 p.m., Yogi Berra Stadium
Friday, October 28
- Thriller Night – Block Party, 7-10 p.m., Student Center, Quad and Ballrooms
Plan Your Homecoming Day!
Check out the many activities happening throughout the day and plan your schedule!
9-10 a.m. | University Hall, 7th Floor Conference Center
- Kick off Homecoming with the most important meal of the day – breakfast! Family members of new / current students at the University are invited for a morning welcome and breakfast sponsored by the Office of Student Belonging. Space is limited. Pre-registration is required, walk-in registration will open where space allows. We will also be accepting donations to the Red Hawk Pantry! Check out the pantry website for suggested items of donation.
- The registration form is closed as we have reached the maximum capacity of reservations. At this time, we have filled our waiting list for this event. We hope to connect with you again in the future!
Alumni Welcome Tent
10 a.m. – 2 p.m. | Tent Outside Cole Hall (formerly College Hall)
- Check in for the day and pick up your program and free alumni gift (for alumni only). Gather with fellow alumni and current students, faculty and staff and enjoy complimentary refreshments. View items from the Sprague Library archives, purchase discounted Bookstore items, discounted football tickets, and learn more about MONTCLAIRconnect! Discounted football game ticket sales will be available only via online Homecoming registration or on-site at the Welcome Tent (not at the gates).
George Segal Gallery: Kids Art Corner
10 a.m. – 1 p.m. | George Segal Gallery
- Drop in for morning children’s activities exploring the current exhibition. Ages 5 – 10. Guardian attendance is required. Admission is free and open to the public.
10 a.m. – 2 p.m. | Chapin Drive
- Free Admission / Food and Drink Concession Ticket Sales
- All are invited to gather along Chapin Drive. Enjoy balloon art, crafts with the SGA and student organizations, fire trucks, food, sweets, carnival games, rides, and inflatables. Information tables sponsored by various campus partners and student organizations will line the walkway, providing a street fair atmosphere. Enjoy live music, as well as featured performances at the mainstage at the historic amphitheater. There will be fun for the whole family.
10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. / Starting Point – Alumni Welcome Tent outside Admissions Entrance of Cole Hall
- Join Admissions ambassadors for a 45-minute walking tour of campus. Check out the exciting changes!
Fun in the Food & Nutrition Lab presented by CEHS
11 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. – University Hall, UN4011 (4th Floor)
Check out the state-of-the-art food science and nutrition labs in the College of Education and Human Services. Participate in a chocolate-making demo with the Department of Nutrition and Food Studies, together with students of the Montclair State Dietetics Organization. See first-hand how healthy dark chocolate bark with fruit or nuts is made, collect recipes and take a sample. Space is limited, and sessions are offered at 11 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.
Alumni Barbecue and Craft Beer Tents
11 a.m. – 2 p.m. | Historic Quad (area outside Freeman/Russ/Chapin Halls)
- Must be 21 and older, with photo identification, to consume alcohol.
- Cost: $25.00 per person ($15.00 kids, under 2 free). Walk-in registration fee is $35.00 per person.
- Pre-Registration Required. Registration includes: 3 food/2 drink tickets, and a $5.00 donation to The Fund for Montclair State.
- Additional food/drink tickets available for purchase on site.
- Join fellow graduates for the signature alumni event of the day. Enjoy a BBQ lunch, craft beer and hard seltzer from local breweries, specialty tequila, live music, lawn games, and more. Celebrate school spirit as we get ready for kick off!
- Join us for our gathering for our new alumni networking groups – Hispanic/Latinx Alumni Network, Black Alumni Advisory Council.
- Don’t miss our annual gathering for the EOF and HCP Alumni Network.
Student Talent Showcase
11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. | Amphitheater
- Join us for the annual celebration of our student organizations as they show off their talents.
Red Hawk Sports Network’s “Game Day” Live Broadcast
12 –1 p.m. | Sprague Field Endzone
- Stop by the Sprague Field end zone to see Montclair State student broadcasters from the Red Hawk Sports Network as they host a live Game Day broadcast. The show starts one hour before the game starts, with a halftime segment, and postgame wrap-up. Watch them break down the upcoming big game, interview Montclair State’s coaches and athletes, and talk all things Red Hawk Sports. And after you see them in person, you can watch this show and the student-led broadcast of the Homecoming football game on the RHSN’s YouTube channel, your home for MSU sports and an exciting partnership between the School of Communication and Montclair State Athletics.
Athletics: Alumni Swimming and Diving Meet and BBQ
12 p.m. | Panzer Athletic Center Pool and Outdoor Area
- Open to: Swimming and Diving alumni and guests
- Members of the current and prior teams come together for an Alumni vs. Varsity swimming and diving meet, followed by their annual reunion barbecue and gathering.
Homecoming Football Game: Montclair State vs. Christopher Newport
1 p.m. | Sprague Field
- Cost: $10.00 General Admission / $5.00 Alumni Discount
- Cheer the Red Hawks on to victory as they take on Christopher Newport. The pre-game festivities will include recognition of Sam Mills, Montclair football’s all-time greatest player being posthumously enshrined to the NFL Hall of Fame. Please note: Discounted ($5.00) football game ticket sales will be available only via online Homecoming registration or on-site at the Welcome Tent (not at the gates).
George Segal Gallery Exhibition: Nothing Under Heaven by Joseph Liatela
3 p.m. Introductory Tour / Exhibit Hours TBD | George Segal Gallery
- In Nothing Under Heaven, Liatela correlates spaces of communal experience – churches, medical institutions, and clubs – where promises of salvation and healing commingle in proximity to loss and grief. By uniting these different spaces through a range of mediums and interdisciplinary analysis, Liatela reveals how these seemingly disparate environments hold similar contradictions that impact the way we perceive ourselves and each other.
Cali School of Music: University Symphony Orchestra, Nicholas DeMaison, Conductor
3 p.m. | Alexander Kasser Theater
- Cost: $20.00 per ticket
- Join conductor Nicholas DeMaison and The Symphony Orchestra as they present works from classical and contemporary repertoire.
- Tickets Available!
Cali School of Music: University Jazz Ensemble, Oscar Perez, Director
8 p.m. | Alexander Kasser Theater
- Cost: $20.00 per ticket
- The Jazz Ensemble will perform a concert of classic and contemporary jazz.
- Tickets Available!
All Day Long
- University Bookstore: 20% off one apparel or gift item. Scan your coupon at the Alumni Welcome Tent.
- Yogi Berra Museum & Learning Center: In honor of Homecoming Weekend, the Yogi Berra Museum & Learning Center will offer free admission for all Montclair alumni and current students, and half-off for all adults (only $5). Be sure to come check out one of the true gems on campus. Hope to see you there!
- Parking: Complimentary parking is available in the Red Hawk Parking Deck and all surface lots. All visitors to campus are required to complete Hawk Check.