Photo of College Hall Bell Tower
University News

Get Vaccinated on Campus

Students and employees can now get COVID-19 vaccines on Saturdays

Posted in: Health, Homepage News, University

Nurse administering COVID-19 vaccine to patient
Nurse Michelle Martinez ’08 puts a bandage on first-year student Jesi Herterich.

Passaic County has begun offering the Moderna vaccine on campus on Saturdays, partnering with Montclair State, not only making it easy and convenient for Passaic County residents, but for Montclair State students and employees as well.

First-year student Jesi Herterich said she felt “relieved that I have this shot so I can be more safe in my community and I won’t get COVID, hopefully, in the future.”

Herterich said she appreciates the convenience of the on-campus clinic, particularly since all Montclair State students will be required to be fully vaccinated in order to return to campus this fall. Additional vaccinations will also be required for participants in certain summer on-campus activities that include living in residence halls and multi-day academic enrichment programs.

“It was easily accessible to me since I live on campus. I’m really grateful for the opportunity Montclair State gave me,” she said.

Student Lisa Cospito said she didn’t want to get vaccinated at first, but when it became clear that vaccination would make travelling to some places possible, she changed her mind and was glad it was offered on campus.

“I want to travel and the restrictions are getting harder to travel,” she said. After her shot, she said “I don’t feel any different, just excited to travel.”

The Passaic County campus vaccination clinic will be held each Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., at the Center for Clinical Services, 147 Clove Road, Little Falls, NJ (located next to Lot 60). To register, visit: passaiccountynj.org/covidvax. Registrations are recommended, but walk-ins are also accepted.

The University strongly encourages all employees to get vaccinated, as well.

“Getting vaccinated is the best way to help keep yourself, your family, your coworkers and our students safe – helping us all get back to a more normal life and ensuring a return to the vibrant, fully accessible campus community we all love for the fall semester,” President Susan A. Cole said in a recent email to the campus community.

Anyone 18 years old who lives, works or studies in Passaic County can get vaccinated at the campus site. When you register, enter Montclair State University as your school or employer.

Check In and Hawk Check

When you check in for your vaccine, please tell them that you’re from Montclair State. After receiving the vaccine, please report it on Hawk Check.

Contact the Passaic County Department of Health at 973-881-4396 with any questions or visit the Passaic County COVID-19 website, for more information.