Photo of College Hall Bell Tower
University News

I Did My Vax Check Because…

Video testimonies show why campus members got vaccinated and uploaded to Vax Check

Posted in: University

collage of faculty and staff members
Clockwise from upper left: Writing Studies Professor Emily Isaacs, Associate Vice President and Dean of Students Margaree Coleman-Carter, Finance Systems Director William Neal, University Health Center Director Patricia Ruiz and Student Development and Campus Life Administration Coordinator Sonia Rios speak up to encourage their peers to get vaccinated and to let the University know by using Vax Check.

Vaccination against COVID-19 is the best way we have to protect ourselves, our families, our students and our coworkers. And knowing the percentage of our campus community members who are vaccinated is important for all of us.

Students are required to be vaccinated, but it is not mandatory for faculty and staff members. Many employees chose to get vaccinated, and now they are speaking up to encourage their peers to get vaccinated and to let the University know by using Vax Check, the easy online system for uploading proof of vaccination.

“The reason I decided to get vaccinated was to ensure the safety of my family, friends, coworkers and students,” says Associate Vice President and Dean of Students Margaree Coleman-Carter. “I think it is important that we get vaccinated to ensure the safety of our communities, as well as our homes. I uploaded to Vax Check because I thought it was important that the University had crucial data that would allow us to make important decisions for our community.”

Finance Systems Director William Neal says he decided to get vaccinated “to help keep my friends, my family and my associates safe. I submitted my vaccination proof to Vax Check to help keep the University community safe.”

“I got vaccinated because I want to protect my family, my friends, my community, my students, everybody,” says Writing Studies Professor Emily Isaacs. “I updated my vaccination to Vax Check because I want to see Montclair State University get really high percentages – 85-90% – so we can feel like we are the safest campus all around.”

Student Development and Campus Life Administration Coordinator Sonia Rios got vaccinated “because I wanted to protect myself, my family and my community. I decided to upload my information to Vax Check because I’m looking forward to seeing the numbers of people who are vaccinated go up.”

“We need the science and the data in order to make important decisions for campus,” explains University Health Center Director Patricia Ruiz. “I chose to upload my information on Vax Check because it’s the only way the campus will know who is safe.”

The University is asking all employees to get vaccinated, and then upload an image of their vaccination card to Vax Check. It is fast, easy and confidential.

And to thank those employees who have chosen to do so, we’re offering prizes. Every employee who submits their proof of vaccination on Vax Check by Monday, June 28 at 2 p.m. EDT will automatically be entered to win Montclair State merchandise and one of these prizes:

• Free use of the Campus Recreation Center for fall 2021 (10 winners)
  • A $25 Panera Bread gift card (1 winner)
  • A $25 Dunkin’ Donuts gift card (1 winner)
  • A coupon for 25% off a clothing item at the University Bookstore (1 winner)
  • Free parking in the Red Hawk Deck for academic year 2021-2022 (1 winner)

Winners will be announced on Thursday, July 1 so don’t wait, submit your vaccination card at VaxCheck today. Note: All winners have the option to remain anonymous; names are published with permission.

For more information on where to get vaccinated and requirements for fall 2021, visit Fall Vaccine Information.