For the Class of 2022, the bigger the better. That’s the game plan for Montclair State University’s Commencement at MetLife Stadium, home to the Giants and Jets. The celebration kicks off at 3 p.m. on Friday, May 20 and includes the combined conferring of doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees and, for the first time, outstanding students featured on the stadium’s massive video screens.
The ceremony marks a return to one combined commencement – the last time graduate and undergraduate students graduated together was in 2016. And the last two years during the worst of the pandemic, the University held multiple small outdoor ceremonies at Sprague Field in order to observe social distancing.
Find everything you need to know for Commencement on the University’s website, Commencement 2022.
The exemplary students selected by the deans from each of Montclair’s schools and colleges are emblematic of the Class of 2022. The students excelled in academics and research, led in community and public service and took on new challenges.
In their video salutes to classmates, the students say their time at Montclair has been enhanced by a public purpose to do meaningful work through social action, public service, education, research, the arts, sciences and the humanities.
And they will note their perseverance, along with the more than 5,000 who comprise the Class of 2022, through an unprecedented time in history and lives impacted by the pandemic.
Representing the schools and colleges:
- Victoria Ayoub College of the Arts, BA Visual Arts
- Anthony Ghandour, School of Nursing; BSN Nursing
- Ebony Herald, College of Humanities and Social Sciences, BA Linguistics
- Nina Mammana, College of Science and Mathematics, BS Mathematics
- Susy C. Rodriguez, College of Education and Human Services, BS Public Health
- Madison Surgent, Feliciano School of Business, BS Business Administration
- Vanessa Garcia, College of Education and Human Services, MA Educational Leadership
- Sandy Hussain, School of Nursing, MSN Nursing
- Mark Olivieri, Feliciano School of Business, MS Accounting
- Pallavi Tilloo, College of Science and Mathematics, MS Computer Science
- Diane Silvester, College of the Arts, MA Music
- Brandon Wilde, College of Humanities and Social Sciences, MS Computational Linguistics
Participating in the commencement at MetLife Stadium will be doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degree candidates who have completed their graduation requirements in August 2021, December 2021, January 2022 or May 2022.
Separate college and school Convocation ceremonies will be held on campus on Sprague Field, Wednesday, June 1 – Sunday, June 5, 2022. The Convocation list provides detailed information.
Livestream viewing for all the events will be available.
Watch Senator Cory Booker’s Message to the Montclair State Class of 2022
Photos by University Photographer Mike Peters.
You May Also Like: