Learn more on the Innovate STEM website!
PRISM at Montclair State University is once again partnering with Math for America (MfA), along with Princeton University and Rowan University, in offering the NJ STEM Innovation Fellowship; a teacher leader program for New Jersey K-5 math teachers and coaches. Application for the 2021-2022 cohort is now open to outstanding K-5 math teachers and coaches and will bring together 30 educators outside of school hours to learn about innovative STEM teaching practices. Sessions will focus on problems of practice, examining student work, videos of instruction, and reflecting on pedagogy. Application deadline is April 21, 2021.
Innovation fellowships at-a-glance include:
- One-year, renewable fellowships for experienced, accomplished K-5 math teachers and coaches
- Focus on in-person and remote teaching innovations shown to improve student learning
- Summer institute for all fellows to introduce the teaching innovations and establish the year’s focus
- Monthly collaboration with other fellows at a leading university in one of three geographic regions – North, Central, and South Jersey
- $5,000 stipend for each fellow
Applications can be found on the NJ STEM Innovation Fellowship at https://www.innovatestemnj.org/