May 3, 2023
Dr. Weitian Wang named IEEE STEM Champion
Dr. Wang, Assistant Professor, shares the 2023 title with 26 others selected from a pool of 92 applicants globally. He is the only recipient in the US this year.
Posted in: Awards and Recognition
The IEEE STEM Champion Program was developed to recognize IEEE volunteers for their contributions to pre-university STEM education and to build a community of pre-university IEEE STEM outreach volunteers. The program resides under TryEngineering.org and works in partnership with the Volunteer STEM Portal.
The Benefits of Being a STEM Champion
- Recognition for your contributions to pre-university STEM education
- Opportunity to be involved in a community of STEM outreach volunteers
- Grant funding opportunity
- Opportunity to build Region and Section awareness of your work
- Ability to support IEEE pre-university education metrics by sharing your events and event results
- Access to Champion-specific STEM outreach resources