As a member of the University, you are able to schedule space in the Student Center on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please Note: There is a different process for faculty/staff, students, and external guests.
Sign in to 25Live (upper right-hand area of the page) with your Montclair State NetID and password.
On the 25Live Home Tab click Event Creation Quick Start
Please Note: If you are not signed into 25Live, you will be prompted to do so.
Complete the fields that are relevant to your event.
- Event Name
- What’s in a name? More than most users may think! When naming events users should remember that 25Live is a web-based scheduling and calendar system and is viewable by anyone who may be visiting the Montclair State University Website. In addition, University Web Services is pulling event information from 25Live to populate other University calendars on the web.
- For this reason, we ask that users name events in a way that will be understandable to others and avoid acronyms when possible.
- Event Type
- Users should select the event type that best describes their event from their list of favorite event types or from the complete list of event types by clicking on the All Event Types link.
- Contact Roles
- The Requestor Contact Role is used to identify the organizer of the event or representative from the Organization responsible for the event.
- The Scheduler Contact Role is used to identify the person responsible for the space requested in 25Live.
- In some cases, users may be both the Requestor and Scheduler. In this case, only the Requestor Contact Role information need be entered.
- Primary Organization
- Users should select the organization or office responsible for the event from their list of favorite organizations, or search by organization name.
- Please Note: If the search does not return the expected result, try limiting the search to a key word in the organization name.
- Additional Organization(s)
- Users can also select any additional organizations involved with the event. Multiple organizations can be selected using this editor.
- Event Date/Time
- Users select the start and end dates and times for each event in this editor. Be sure to enter the EXACT start and end times for this date. Users should add pre- and post- event times for additional set up time, clean up time, etc. under the ‘Additional Time’ drop down.
- For one-day events with multiple occurrences (i.e. weekly meetings at the same time), users will enter the start date of the first occurrence then select Repeats Ad Hoc from the drop down box and add additional dates using the calendar tool.
- Head Count
- Users should enter the estimated number of attendees for their event in the Expected field.
- Users should select the location(s) for each event from their list of favorite locations or search within the categories list in Public Searches.
- Please Note: If the search does not return the expected result, try limiting the search to a key word such as the building name. More than one location can be selected for an event. However, if users need locations in more than one category the requests should be submitted separately, by category. (For example, an event that needs the Student Center, University Hall and CELS rooms should be put into two separate requests. While an event in the Student Center Ballrooms and Rathskeller can be put in the same request.)
- Resources are defined as equipment or services that are not associated with a specific location.
- Users should select the resource(s) for each event from their list of favorite resources or search by selecting the collection associated with the event location.
- Please Note: If the search does not return the expected result, try limiting the search to a key word in the resource name. More than one resource can be selected for an event.
- Event Description
- Information entered into this editor will appear in the 25Live Event Detail view. For example, if there is a website for the event, this would be an ideal location to display the URL.
- Event Categories are just one of the many ways event data can be sorted in 25Live. Users should select all categories that apply to a specific event.
- Comments/Setup Requests
- This field is designed to give users an opportunity to send additional instructions or comments to schedulers about an event. This information is only viewable by the scheduler, requestor and any service providers or approvers of locations and/or resources assigned to this event.
- Users should add setup needs (i.e., tables, chairs, microphones, etc.) here whenever possible
The following message should be displayed at the top of the Event Reservation Wizard: Your event request has been submitted for approval.
Please Note: Requests for events in academic spaces will not be approved until after the add/drop period has concluded.
- All requests will be entered with a TENTATIVE Event State. During the approval process, the Event State will be changed from Tentative to Confirmed.
- You will receive an email when the space is confirmed or denied.
Student organizations reserve space through Engage. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Individual students needing space reserved for class projects (i.e. film shoots) must have their faculty member submit the space request through the process listed above.
External users and sponsored guests can request spaces in the Student Center for a fee. Certificates of insurance must be furnished.
External guests should complete the Student Center Rental Inquiry form. For sponsored guests (i.e. conferences), the sponsoring department should submit the request through 25Live and will be advised of rental rates as appropriate.
What If I Have to Cancel My Event?
Faculty/Staff: The best way to cancel an event is to locate the original email confirmation from 25Live, and reply informing the scheduler that the event has been canceled.
Students: Email the Center for Student Involvement at email@example.com if you need to cancel your event.