International Education Week (IEW), November 16-20, 2020, is an opportunity to celebrate the benefits of international education and exchange worldwide. This joint initiative of the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Education is part of our efforts to promote programs that prepare Americans for a global environment and attract future leaders from abroad to study, learn, and exchange experiences. (Excerpted from: https://iew.state.gov/)
In celebration of International Education Week, International Engagement will be hosting a series of events for students and faculty. Join International Engagement for the following events scheduled during IEW:
Please check back as more events are being added!
Montclair State Students:
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Information Session: Monday, November 16th at 2pm via Zoom
- Learn about scholarships for current Montclair State students who receive Pell Grants and plan to study abroad.
- Virtual Internships Abroad through CEA: Wednesday, November 18th at 11am via Zoom
- Global Remote Internships through ISA: Wednesday, November 18th at 3pm via Zoom
- Fulbright U.S. Student Program Information Session: Thursday, November 19th at 11am via Zoom
- Learn about grants to teach English, conduct research, or pursue a graduate degree abroad after graduation!
- Study Abroad Information Session: Thursday, November 19th at 1pm via Zoom
- The first step to study abroad! Learn the basics of how study abroad/study away works at Montclair State University.
- Summer 2021 Faculty-led Study Abroad Program Info Session: Made in Italy: Thursday, November 19th from 2pm-3pm via Zoom. Program is open to ALL students!
- Study Abroad Alum Panel: “What Study Abroad is Really Like” – Friday, November 20th at 11am via Zoom.
- Hear from fellow Montclair State students what studying abroad is really like and how the experience has changed their lives.
Be sure to also check out these IEW events sponsored by Feliciano School of Business:
- Going Global Series: Entrepreneurship Abroad: Monday, November 16th at 6pm via Zoom
- Study Abroad on a Budget: Tuesday, November 17th at 12pm via Zoom
- Global & Remote Internships with The Education Abroad Network (FSoB Graduate Students Only): Wednesday, November 18th from 1-2pm via Zoom
- Global and Remote Internships with CRCC Asia: Thursday, November 19th at 2pm via Zoom
Montclair State Faculty: Learn more about how you can become involved with international education at one of the following events. Events coordinated with Office for Faculty Advancement (OFA):
- Fulbright Outreach Lecturing Fund – Tuesday, November 17th at 9:30am via Zoom. Register HERE.
- Discover how you can invite a Fulbright Visiting Scholar to Guest Lecture in your class or participate on a panel or event for your department.
- Aferdita Krasniqi, Outreach and Recruitment Officer at the Institute of International Education (IIE), will present an information session on the Outreach Lecturing Fund. The Outreach Lecturing Fund (OLF) provides funding for campuses to host Fulbright Visiting Scholars, already in the United States, for short-term speaking engagements (currently virtual opportunities). Interested faculty and administrators are encouraged to attend.
- Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program – Tuesday, November 17th at 10:30am via Zoom. Register HERE.
- Discover how you can make an impact abroad! Aferdita Krasniqi, Outreach and Recruitment Officer at the Institute of International Education (IIE), will present an information session on the Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program for faculty members, administrators and professionals. Opportunities for fellowships for teaching, research, and flexible initiatives in more than 140 countries. Interested faculty and administrators are encouraged to attend.
- Collaborative On-Line International Learning (COIL): Tuesday, November 17th at 2pm via Zoom. Register HERE.
- In partnership with Office of Faculty Advancement. IE and OFA are seeking applications from faculty across colleges for a professional development opportunity to gain an understanding of Collaborative On-Line International Learning (COIL) and become an early adopter and resource for Montclair State. Six funded training places are available in Spring 2021 for full-time tenured or tenure-track faculty. Professional Development provided by SUNY COIL http://coil.suny.edu/.
- Application for Faculty Professional Development: APPLY HERE
- The deadline to submit this application is December 4th.
- Faculty-Led Study Abroad Programs Workshop: Friday, November 20th at 2pm via Zoom. Register HERE.
- International Engagement is hosting faculty workshops to provide an overview of Faculty-led Study Abroad Program development. Faculty-led short term study abroad programs provide a unique experience for students and faculty to explore a topic or question through comparative inquiry and experiential perspective building in an international setting. Presented by IE and our partner Study Abroad Association.
- If you are unable to attend an information session and/or have questions, please reach Domenica Dominguez, Director, International Engagement at email@example.com.
- There will be a second workshop on Tuesday, December 8th at 2pm via Zoom.
For any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.