Admission Policies/ Eligibility
To Apply for Admission as a Freshman
- Complete the Montclair State University admissions application prior to March 1st for Full-time status.
- Indicate that you are applying for EOF by checking the Box on Page 1.
- Complete Part B (EOF Questionnaire).
- In order to have your $60 application fee waived, please have your high school counselor submit a letter in support of the fee waiver.
To Apply for Admission as a Transfer Student
- Complete the Montclair State admissions application prior to May 1st for September admission or October 15th for January admission.
- Submit a Montclair State application, indicating that you are applying for EOF by checking the Box on Page 1.
- All applicants must have received a prior EOF grant from another New Jersey College or University.
- Successful candidates should have a minimum 2.0 cumulative grade point average (some Majors may require a more competitive average.
- If you are applying for next semester, please visit the Admissions page to apply. After the completion of this form please forward the document to Ms. Bertha Diggs, Associate EOF Director, Montclair State University, 1 Normal Avenue, Upper Montclair, N.J. 07043 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- www.njtransfer.org can be used to determine whether your community college courses can be transferred to Montclair State.
To Apply for Financial Aid:
- For students seeking admission for the Fall semester, please file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) after January 1st (FAFSA's filed before February 15th receive priority consideration).
- Please indicate Montclair State University as your “First Choice” institution to receive the FAFSA.
- Follow instructions about submitting copies of income tax and proof of non-taxable income to Montclair State University.
Check out financial aid information at the Montclair State University Financial Aid Web site.
EOF Eligibility Requirements:
To qualify for admission through the EOF Program, you must:
- Have resided in New Jersey for at least one year prior to submitting your admission's application to the university.
- Have received a high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate.
- Demonstrate financial need by meeting the EOF financial guidelines.
Financial eligibility for EOF can be found at this link (based on family size, combined income of parents)