Jeffrey Dworkin Early Intervention Program
The Jeffrey Dworkin Early Intervention Program is approved by the New Jersey Early Intervention System (NJEIS), under the Department of Health, to provide quality services for infants and toddlers (birth to age three) with developmental delays or disabilities, and their families. The program provides early intervention services for families living in Essex County.
- The program supports the state’s mission to enhance the capacity of families to meet the needs of their children.
- It promotes collaborative partnerships among family, their community, early intervention service, and health care providers and preschool/childcare programs.
- It uses a family-centered approach, recognizing that each family and its culture are unique and respecting the family’s values, aspirations and priorities.
- Services are provided in accordance with an Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP) and embedded in typical family activities and routines. The intent is to help families learn new strategies and feel competent in supporting their child’s development.
- Services may be provided at home, in childcare or other community settings that are most natural and comfortable for the child and family.
- The program seeks to foster opportunities for the development of peer relationships with children without disabilities.
For more information contact Tanya Miller at 973-655-7369
The Ben Samuels Children’s Center reserves several spaces in our infant and toddler rooms for children who need support accessing the curriculum while attending an inclusive childcare center. Special Educators, along with classroom teachers and therapists, as needed, (physical therapist, occupational therapist, speech/language therapist), are available to enrich each child’s experience and support learning and active participation. Priority is given to children in the Jeffrey Dworkin Early Intervention Program. Supported services may be part of a child’s IFSP or may also be provided for children not enrolled in NJEIS.
For information about supported services for infants and toddlers at the Ben Samuels Children’s Center, contact Tanya Miller at 973-655-7369