The Advisory Board serves as a vital link between the college and the broader community. It is composed of esteemed individuals who are committed to improving our national educational and human services systems through their philanthropic support for the college and creates committees to address particular issues as needed. The CCHL Dean; Associate Dean; and Director of Development serve as ex-officio members of the Board. Currently, the Advisory Board consists of 8 members. Each member serves for three years and may be reappointed for one additional term.
Board Members’ Commitment:
- Attend two Advisory Board meetings each year, in person or virtually.
- Attend up to two other special meetings as needed. (e.g., committee meetings).
- Be well-informed about the college’s mission, goals, programs, and practices.
- Assist in raising funds to support the college’s mission and programs, including making a personal donation at the President’s Club level of $1,000 or more.
- Actively promote and advocate for the college and its programs with the surrounding communities, alumni, and other external constituencies.
- Make connections between the college and the community.
- Serve as a sounding board for the Dean on major issues relevant to the college and on future directions for the college, including new initiatives and external activities.
- Aid the college where possible in recruiting students into degree and certificate programs as well as in placing students upon graduation.
Meet the Advisory Board
The CCHL Advisory Board embraces a noble charge to facilitate philanthropy throughout the College, essentially being Ambassadors to the college’s mission, vision, and core values.
In particular, a strong focus may be placed on the following philanthropic priorities:
- Offer professional expertise to Faculty, Students, Alumni
- Support innovative faculty initiatives
- Engage in student mentorship and networking
- Share professional expertise via course and event guest speaking opportunities
- Join the Dean, Chair, and Director of Development at donor meetings and activities
- Advocate and promote Board and College initiatives and accolades to the Montclair State University community and beyond
Advisory Board Initiatives
Membership on the advisory board is a fun and collaborative leadership experience. Our board connects and supports faculty, academic courses and programs, student recruitment and graduation, and the Office of the Dean. See how the advisory board is making a difference!