Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
School of Nursing, 4th Floor
The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP) encourages and supports faculty in their pursuit of federal and state funding for research and institutional grants. ORSP helps faculty identify prospective grant opportunities, interpret federal and state agency guidelines, develop realistic budgets, complete application requirements and prepare competitive proposals.
ORSP also provides post-award services to faculty to help them manage their grants by providing financial information, interpreting agency requirements, and helping them to understand university personnel and procurement regulations.
The assistance offered by the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs includes:
- identifying possible funding resources
- registering faculty in the SPIN database to receive funding announcements
- completing necessary forms, assurances, certifications and letters of support
- reviewing proposals for formatting, accuracy and adherence to agency objectives
- preparing proposal applications online and submitting them electronically
- developing budgets that comply with agency guidelines
- clarifying agency policies and procedures
- acting as a liaison to the agency
- guidance and assistance in sourcing and purchasing equipment
- help in understanding employment procedures
- processing travel requests
- assisting with the timely submission of interim and final programmatic reports
- revising grant budgets
- requesting an extension from the agency
ORSP also provides administrative support for the committees that review Internal Awards: Career Development, Separately Budgeted Research, Student-Faculty Research, Summer Grant Proposal Development, and University Distinguished Scholar. The office is not involved in the committees’ selection process.