photo of campus entrance

Academic Advisement

All students are encouraged to seek academic advising each semester. If students have not chosen a major, they are considered undeclared. Freshmen undeclared are advised by New Student Experience in Morehead Hall, Room 101. Thereafter, undeclared students receive their advising from the Office of Academic Advising in Morehead Hall, Room 132. If students have a major, their faculty advising coordinator assigns a faculty advisor to them from their major department. Students admitted in special programs, such as the Equal Opportunity Fund Program, the Health Careers Program, The Center for Adult Learning and the Honors Program are assigned advisors within their specific areas.

Academic advisors and department faculty advisors provide students with assistance in developing an academic program of study, choosing courses consistent with this program as well as discussing career options.