Conflict Management in the Workplace (Certificate)
The certificate program provides students with theories and skill sets to create and maintain conflict management systems that balance organizational, legal and human resource factors, with the goal of increasing productivity while limiting legal liability. It is designed for directors, managers, supervisors and those wishing to be promoted to those positions in regulatory areas most closely identified with human resources, human resource management and human capital.
Please refer to our programs of study page for a comprehensive list of all of the graduate programs offered within the university.
Candidates for admission to the proposed certificate program may meet less stringent requirements than the minimum requirements for the Legal Studies programs of Montclair State University currently required by The Graduate School such as maintaining a grade point average of 3.0 or greater in their undergraduate work. No GRE is required for entry into the certificate program. Program completion will normally be with a one and one half year cycle.
The Graduate School requires the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree in order to be eligible to apply for a graduate program. Applicants with non-U.S. degrees, please visit the International Applicants page to review the U.S. degree equivalency information.
In order to make applying for graduate school as seamless as possible for you, we have
created an application checklist. This checklist can be a reference point for you during the
application process to ensure that you have a comprehensive understanding of the steps
needed to apply, as well as all corresponding supplemental materials for your specific
program of interest.
- Application Deadline: Rolling Admission.
- Submit Online Application: Please create your online account and submit your application by following the general application instructions and pay (or waive) the non-refundable $60 application fee. Once this step has been completed, the online portal will allow you to upload your supplemental materials.
The following is a list of the supplemental materials that will accompany your application for the Conflict Management in the Workplace (Certificate) program:
- Transcript: 1 (One) from each college attended.
- Essays/Personal Statement: Please write an integrated essay providing a response to each of the following questions.
- What are your goals for graduate study and your future career?
- In what ways do your academic background and your professional experiences provide evidence of your potential for success in the program you selected and in your eventual career? Please give specific examples of relevant coursework and/or experience.
- Is there any further information we should consider in assessing your candidacy?
- Letters of Recommendation: One.
- Students holding degrees from non-US institutions must request a course-by-course transcript evaluation from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services or by Educated Choices. TOEFL (Test of English as a foreign language), IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or Duolingo English Test are required for applicants to any program who earned their degree in a country where English is not the official language. Please check our International Applicants page for more information and for our current TOEFL/IELTS Waiver Policy.
12 semester hours are required with a minimum GPA of 2.50. For more information, please visit the Conflict Management in the Workplace (Certificate) program listing in the University Catalog.
If you have any general questions regarding the application process and requirements, please email or call us:
The Graduate School
If you have specific inquiries regarding your program of interest, please contact the Law and Governance (MA) Program Coordinators:
*During the summer months, there will be a rotating department chair available to answer your inquiry. Find the updated summer chair for this program.*