From January 3 to January 31, 2020 MIGHT is raising awareness of human trafficking issues in participation with students, faculty and key stakeholders across the tri-state area. Activities include social media broadcasts, interactive art and film events as well as educational programming.
If you would like to learn more, please go to our contact page and fill out the form.
Schedule of Events
- January 6th – Pre-recorded roundtable discussion with 3 members of the MIGHT Team. Arnaud Kurze, Assistant Professor of Justice Studies interviews 2 MIGHT members: Daniella Peterka-Benton, Associate Professor of Justice Studies and Bond Benton Associate Professor of Communication and Media. They discuss their research “The Treatment of Human Trafficking in Super Hero Comic Books.”
- Jan 9th – Feliciano Facebook Live at 12 pm Interview about “MIGHT and the Business of Human Trafficking” with members of MIGHT: Kenneth Sumner, Vice Provost MSU and Faith Taylor, Feliciano School of Business Faculty Expert CSR, Sustainability & Marketing.
- Jan 14th – Feliciano Facebook Live “On the Frontline of Human Trafficking” Interview at 1 pm with founding member Mimi Feliciano, Founder and CEO of FEM Real Estate and founder of Mimi and Edwin Feliciano School of Business and Tom Countermine, Supervisory Special Agent U.S. Department of Homeland Security Homeland Security Investigations HSI/NY.
- January 21st – launch of the “Out of the Shadows” Campaign, consisting of Human Trafficking Silhouettes across campus to raise awareness. The campaign includes video taping of students interacting with figures and MIGHT Team, starting January 23rd. Silhouettes move across campus and end up at Presentation Hall by Jan 29th.
- January 29th – Film screening of Very Young Girls and Q&A session with survivors at Presentation Hall from 11 am to 1 pm. The event is open to the public, focusing on students and faculty.
- January 21st to 24th – Information table at University Hall to educate faculty and students about the MIGHT program.
- Office of Faculty Advancement developed Teacher Facilitation materials to help teachers include the information into their curriculum during the Spring of 2020.
A Film Guide with documentaries and feature films for teaching purposes is also available on our website.