The following may be signs of human trafficking:
- Does the person seem disconnected from family, friends, community?
- Is the person fearful, timid, submissive?
- Is there a dramatic change in behavior?
- Have they stopped attending school or work?
- Is the person in the company of someone they defer to and they are controlling the situation?
- Do they lack personal possessions?
- Do they have bruises?
- Have they been denied food, water, sleep or medical care?
For additional training and information on indicators of human trafficking, please visit the Blue Campaign website by the Department of Homeland Security.