50-hour pre-professional service course (Montclair State delivers this requirement as a self-paced online course)
- First Semester
- ECEL 501: Perspectives on Early Childhood
- ECEL 516: Social Studies and the Arts
- Second Semester
- ECSE 508: Partnership with Families
- ECEL 517: Science & Technology
- Third Semester
- ECEL 528: Early Childhood Curriculum
- READ 500: Literacy Foundations
- Fourth Semester
- READ 519: Language & Early Literacy
- ECEl 502/510: Clinical/Seminar
The 50-hour pre-professional service courses must be completed prior to beginning first semester coursework. At the end of the 50-hour course, students are eligible for a Verification of Program Completion form that will be required when the students’ employer submits application for the provisional license to the NJDOE.
Each cohort of students will take two courses each semester while they work as P-3 teachers.