- CAPCO is the Coalition on AIDS in Passaic County, Inc.
- Comprehensive Care Center for HIV Services
- Hyacinth AIDS Foundation Passaic County Ryan White Title I
- Straight & Narrow
100 Hamilton Plaza, Suite 1406
Paterson, NJ 07505
CAPCO is a private nonprofit organization with a twenty year+ history of providing comprehensive HIV/AIDS prevention, care, treatment and advocacy in Bergen and Passaic Counties. They provide:
- Medical case management
- Health education/risk reduction education
- Comprehensive risk counseling services
- Coordination and linkage to support services (housing, food, benefits, entitlement)
- Pharmaceutical assistance
- Short-term and long-term rental assistance
- Short-term mortgage assistance
- Project-based housing rental assistance
- Permanent housing and security deposits
- Emergency housing
- Assistance with utilities
- Food vouchers
- Transportation vouchers
- Legal services
- Personal care items (toothbrushes, towels, feminine products, etc.)
For more information go to CAPCO.
St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center
16o Market St.
The Comprehensive Care Center for HIV Services (CCC) was established in 1985 in response to the needs of HIV infected and affected individuals and their families. A team of ID physicians, advance practice nurses, registered nurses, and support staff provides primary medical and specialty care to HIV infected children, adolescents, and adults. Services are comprehensive and broad. In addition to care for the infected, St. Joseph’s is a state designated HIV Counseling and Testing Site. Besides medical primary and specialty care enhanced services for the infected are provided by the Department of Psychiatry and Dentistry. Case Managers assist patients with applications for eligible services including, but not limited to: medication, health care coverage and housing.
Hyacinth AIDS Foundation Passaic County
100 Hamilton Plaza, Suite 421
Paterson, NJ 07505
- Individual client advocacy.
- Hotline counseling for prevention, care and treatment, service referrals, professional and community education workshops, legal services and public policy advocacy.
For more information go to Hyacinth, Passaic County, Paterson services.
125 Ellison Street, 1st Floor
973-321-1242 ext. 2286
Catherine Correa, Director
The primary objective of the Program is to rapidly disseminate funds to health care and social service providers throughout the City of Paterson and Counties of Passaic and Bergen for relief of the HIV Spectrum Disease.
The Ryan White Title I Program administers contractual terms and conditions with funding source and sub-grantees; monitors and evaluates program and fiscal management performance; provides technical assistance and support to the funded health and social health care providers; assists in the identification of needs and unmet needs of people living with HIV/AIDS; and assists in the development of a comprehensive service delivery plan.
The health and social health care services funded are broadly defined as primary medical services, substance abuse counseling and treatment, mental health services, dental care, case management, emergency support (food, housing, legal, etc.), home health and hospice services.
508 Straight St.
Paterson, NJ 07501
Straight & Narrow is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping others. As part of the Catholic Charities Diocese of Paterson, NJ, they strive to help the community by combating addictive disorders and HIV disease. They develop and deliver effective prevention, education and treatment services to clients with addictive disorders and HIV disease.
They provide the following services for people with HIV/AIDS:
- Daily nursing and medical supervision
- Low-income housing for people with HIV/AIDS
- Case management
- Group and individual drug and alcohol counseling
- Pastoral care
- Massage therapy
- Health education classes
- Dietary counseling
- Transportation to doctor, clinic and social service appointments
- Variety of indoor and outdoor leisure and recreational activities
For more information go to the Straight & Narrow site.