Trans Joy Personified
During the week of November 14, please join us in celebrating Transgender Awareness Week! Our goal is to educate Montclair State University about who transgender people are, share stories and experiences and advance advocacy around the issues of prejudice, discrimination and violence that affect the transgender community. This week, we’re centering “Trans Joy in spite of…” Show your fellow Red Hawks support and help us illuminate the beauty, steadfastness and brilliance of this community by joining us at our week of events. See You There!
The Truth about Thanksgiving
As we draw closer to Thanksgiving, a holiday customarily associated with turkey, pilgrims and gratitude, for many Native Americans in our country, the holiday is a reminder of revisionist history with dark and painful symbolism. In honor and observance of Native American Heritage Month, learn the real history behind Thanksgiving. Learn More.
Red Hawks on the Front Lines
The Veteran and Military Resource Office (VMR) provides nearly 400 Montclair State University veterans and military-affiliated students with the tools they need to succeed. Assisting students in their transition to the University from application to graduation. VMR also connects students to necessary campus resources and creates spaces for community building. Join VMR in their celebration of Veteran and Military Recognition Week, Monday, November 7 through Friday, November 11. Join Us!
OSJD Ambassador of the Month
Congratulations! Ashlie Bristow has been selected as the October 2022 OSJD ambassador of the Month! Their nominator writes: Ashlie has gone above and beyond the call of duty to assist with big events and small things we need in the office the entire month. Anyway Ashlie can help out, she will. Her presence has been invaluable in October!
Fall 2022 OSJD Discussion Groups
- A-Space: Tuesdays, 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., Student Center, Room 417.
- Transcending Boundaries: Wednesdays, 2-3 p.m., Student Center, Room 417.
- Let’s Talk (Individual Walk-In Session): Wednesdays, 3-4:30 p.m., Student Center, Room 113C.
- Beyond Binaries: Wednesdays, 4-5 p.m., Student Center, Room 417.
- emBODIED: Thursdays, 1-2 p.m., Student Center, Room 417.
- First to Finish (Bi-Weekly): Thursdays, Wednesdays, 4-5 p.m., Student Center, Room 417.
Select Upcoming Events
- Kimchi Workshop: Friday, November 11, 4:30-6 p.m., Schmitt Hall, Room 104.
- Trans Awareness Week Flag Raising: Monday, November 14, 12-12:30 p.m., Student Center, Flagpoles.
- Kaffestunde: Wednesday, November 16, 1:15-2:15 p.m., Student Center, Rathskeller.
- A Slice of Multicultural Psychology: Wednesday, November 16, 1:30-2:30 p.m., Dickson Hall, Room 176.
- CARP Talk: Wednesday, November 16, 1:30-3 p.m., Feliciano School of Business, Room 124.
- Gartentreff: Wednesday, November 16, 2:15-2:45 p.m., Garden behind the Student Center.
- Mini-Japanese Autumn Festival: Wednesday, November 16, 2:30-4:30 p.m., Schmitt Hall, Room 104.
- Japan Club’s Fall Festival: Wednesday, November 16, 4-5 p.m., University Hall, Room 2004.
- Well, Halo Halo!: Wednesday, November 16, 7-8:30 p.m., Student Center, Rathskeller.
- Trans Joy Personified: Wednesday, November 16, 8-10 p.m., University Hall, Room 1050.
- Dawn Table: Thursday, November 17, 12:30-2:30 p.m., Student Center, 2nd Floor Lobby.
- Mixer-AASO: Thursday, November 17, 6-8:30 p.m., Online.
- Spades n’ Soul Food: Friday, November 18, 5-8 p.m., Student Center, Rathskeller.
- SASA Garba Night!: Saturday, November 19, 6-9:30 p.m., Student Center, Ballrooms.
- Thanksliving Event: Wednesday, November 23, 5-8 p.m., Student Center, Ballrooms B&C.
- Transformative Education Network’s Critical Urban Education Speaker Series: Tuesday, November 29, 5:30-7 p.m., Online.
- Christmas Party!: Friday, December 2, 3:30-5 p.m., University Hall, Room 3002.
- SASA Diwali Party: Saturday, December 3, 6-9:30 p.m., Student Center, Ballrooms.
- Big/Little Reveal: Thursday, December 8, 7-8:45 p.m., Student Center, Dining Room.
- Take and Make: Lebkuchen Jars: Friday, December 9, 3-5 p.m., Student Center, Quad.