If you’re feeling overwhelmed, make use of the resources the University provides under Internal Resources. We also encourage you to take a look at the list of external resources provided, too.
- Counseling and Psychological Services
- Employee Assistance Program
- UAASO (Unified Asian American Student Organization)
- Let’s TeleTalk
- Connecting Across Cultures
- Empathy and Connection
- Asian Mental Health Collective
- Asian American Mental Health Collective directory of APISAA therapists
- 23 Mental Health Books for Anyone Who’s Going Through It Right Now
- 40 Self-Care Tips for Better Mental Well-Being
- Inclusive Therapists (Directory and resources)
- Self Care
- Infographics and accompanying videos for helping AAPI families talk to children and teens exposed to anti-Asian bullying and harassment (developed for COVID-19 but also relevant now)
Crisis Line: 1-800-273-Talk
Asian Languages Crisis Line: 1-877-990-8585
Crisis Text Line: Text “CONNECT” to 741741
Check out these educational resources! This is not an exhaustive list compilation of resources.
- (Chnge Instagram resources by @kimsaira, @annie_wu_22, @amandangocnguyen)
- Minor Feelings: An Asian American Reckoning by Cathy Park Hong
- If They Come For Us by Fatimah Asghar
- The Farm by Joanne Ramos
- The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
- Arrival by Ted Chiang
- Dear Girls by Ali Wong
- Interior Chinatown by Charles Yu
- In the Country: Stories by Mia Alvar
- The Woman Warrior: Memoirs of a Girlhood Among Ghosts by Maxine Hong Kingston
Check out the various ways you can get involved and take action!
StopAsianHate.info: This is a work-in-progress space to centralize information and important links in support of the #StopAsianHate movement.
- Report anti-Asian hate crimes to StopAAPIHate.org
- Address anti-Asian language in the moment
- Continue to educate yourself about Asian American issues and experiences
- Read about the current crisis of anti-Asian hate and violence
- Raise awareness by sharing information with the media and your circle
- Commit to anti-racist action by volunteering at, donating to, and advocating for all marginalized people
Make a Donation: There is no donation too small to help others.
- Asian Americans For Equality
- Visit StopAsianHate.info for a full list of causes to donate
Use Social Media to Educate and Empower: Learn about action through the hashtag #StopAsianHate