How to Apply
- Fill out the application packet.
- Have your teachers fill out Teacher Recommendation forms
- Write an essay that answers the following questions:
- Why do you want to participate in the Weston Science Scholars Program?
- What do you hope to get out of it or achieve?
- How will this benefit you in the future?
- What are your expectations both emotionally and academically?
- What can you contribute to the program?
Your essay should be well organized, with cohesive concepts based on honesty, passion and past scientific experiences. The essay should be one page, with a 12 size font and Times New Roman font face with a 1.0 inch left margin and 1.0 inch right margin.
Please be prepared to discuss your essay at your interview!
A hard copy of the application must be submitted by all applicants.
Once the application is submitted, applicants will be contacted by email with date/time for an interview. All interviews will be held in the Montclair High School Library during the month of February.
45 scholars will be chosen for this program.
This program offers 7.5 high school science elective credits upon completion. Since credits are awarded on contact hours, scholars are permitted to miss NO more than two field trips before credits will be deducted.
Tuition Required: $990.00
Tuition must be paid in full by April 3, 2020.
If the total amount is not paid by this date, students will not be allowed to participate in the program. Tuition is NON-REFUNDABLE.