Equity and Diversity
"You must be the change you wish to see in this world."
The Office of Equity and Diversity collaborates with various Montclair State University organizations and departments on programs that encourage awareness of diversity and promote equality and inclusivity.
Our office is currently being relocated. For assitance at this time, please email Dr. Shannon Gary, Associate Dean of Students, at email@example.com.
November 2 - 6 is Diversity Week!
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 2
- 1965 Voting Rights Act Timeline Exhibit - Machuga Heights and Student Center Lobbies, 8am - 11pm, Sponsored by Civic and Voter Engagement
- Dia De Los Muertos and All Saints Day - Newman Center, 7pm, Cosponsored with Latin American Student Organization and Newman Catholic
- An Evening with the Honorable William Payne and Film Screening ofSelma - Student Center 411, 5pm, Sponsored by Civic and Voter Engagement, Government Relations, African American Studies, Psychology Department. Free Refreshments!
- Targets of Oppression: An Interactive Workshop - Student Center Room 419, 8:30pm, Sponsored by the LGBTQ Center
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 3
- 1965 Voting Rights Act Timeline Exhibit - Machuga Heights and Student Center Lobbies, 8am - 8pm, Sponsored by Civic and Voter Engagement
- Election Day Voting Booth - Machuga Heights Multi-Purpose Room, 6:00am - 8:00pm
- Language Matters: A Workshop on Microaggressions – University Hall 1020, 8:30pm, Sponsored by the LGBTQ Center
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 4
- Circle of Unity – Blanton/Bohn Quad, 2:30-3:15 Sponsored by EOF, Speaking Through Silence, The Brotherhood/La Hermandad, The Gospel Choir. Reception to follow in Blanton Atrium until 4pm
- Identity Fish Bowl - Center for Faith and Spirituality, Student Center 112, 4pm, Sponsored by the LGBTQ Center and the Disability Resource Center
- Maimonides Jewish Fellowship - Center for Faith and Spirituality, Student Center 112, 6:45pm, Sponsored by Hillel
- Latin Arts Night - A Tribute to Carlos Ortiz, Student Center Rathskeller, 7-10pm, Sponsored by Latin American Student Organization
- Burkout (Zumba) - Student Recreation Center - Multipurpose Room 2, 8pm, Sponsored by CaribSO
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 5
- Rep Your Colors – Campus-wide, All day, Sponsored by Residence Life
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 6
- 13th Annual LGBTQA College Leadership Conference - Student Center Ballrooms, 10am - 6:30pm, Sponsored by Montclair State University, New Jersey City University, Princeton University, Ramapo College, Rider University, Rutgers University, William Paterson University, New Jersey City University Student Government Organization, St. Peter’s Episcopal Church. Online registration is free and available through November 2 here: http://lgbtqaleadershipconference.tumblr.com/. Walk-in registration the day of the conference is $15.00.
Diversity Week is made possible by the Office of Equity and Diversity, The LGBTQ Center, The Office of Civic and Voter Engagement, Residence Life, The Office of the Dean of Students, EOF, The Disability Resource Center, The Center for Faith and Spirituality, The Newman Catholic Center, LASO, CaribSO, Hillel, The Brotherhood/La Hermandad, Speaking Through Silence, The Gospel Choir, Government Relations, Psychology Department, African American Studies, and The Civility Task Force.