Equity & Diversity Programs collaborates with various Montclair State University organizations and departments on programs such as Diversity Week, Building Bridges Interfaith Dialogue Series, Constitution Day, and the World’s Fair to encourage awareness and diversity. In addition, Equity & Diversity Programs promotes heritage months such as African American History, Latino/a Pride, Women’s History, Holocaust Remembrance Day, and Asian and Pacific Islander Heritage.
We offer Diversity and Leadership Conferences and Events for students. We also provide training to the Student Government Association and Student Leadership Organizations, which aims to increase communication between diverse student populations on-campus. We also provide similar diversity training for university faculty and staff throughout the year.
The Office of Equity and Diversity offers the following recurring programs:
- Diversity Retreats, Trainings, and Conferences
- Faculty and Staff Cultural Competence Training
- Building Bridges: Conversations on Faith and Spirituality Dialogue Series
- Annual Events
- Diversity Week
- Connecting Across Cultures
- Male Image Week
- Mandela Awards for Excellence in Diversity
- Peace Week
- World’s Fair and other heritage celebrations
- Women's Business and Leadership Summit
The Office of Equity and Diversity works with other organizations on campus to promote diversity within the campus community.