It will be the University’s intention to remain open and operating whenever possible.
In the event that classes are canceled and/or the University is closed, the following will occur:
- An e-mail message will be sent to all students, faculty and staff using mail.montclair.edu accounts.
- A text message will be sent to mobile phones.
Montclair State uses a campus alert system powered by Rave which allows the University to send alerts as text messages directly to your cell phone and e-mail accounts. You can sign up for the campus alert service, check your existing subscription, and add other programs by going to Quick Links, MSU Phone Apps (on the left under Technology) or by going to: https://www.getrave.com/login/montclair All you need is your Net ID and password to create or update your subscription. Step by step instructions are available at:http://oit.montclair.edu/documentationpdf/YourMSUAppInstructionManual.pdf If you have any questions or need assistance, please e-mail Msuconnect at firstname.lastname@example.org
- An announcement will be placed on the MSU home page www.montclair.edu. under the News section.
- An announcement will be placed on the LED sign at the Valley Road entrance.
- The weather hotline will be updated as necessary. The hotline number is (973) 655-7810.
Please call the weather hotline rather than University Police so as not to tie up the emergency lines.
In addition you may consult the following media outlets:
TV Stations FM Radio Stations AM Radio Stations WCBS - Channel 2 WMSC - 90.3 1010 WINS WNBC- Channel 4 NJ - 101.5 WOR - 710 FOX - Channel 5 MAX 106.3 WCBS - 880 NJN News- Channel 12 WBGO 88.3 WNNJ - 1360
If you would like more information on MSU's Snow & Ice Removal strategies, please visit our website.