Educational Leadership, M.A. - Online
With a strong theoretical foundation and a practical structure, the Master of Arts in Educational Leadership provides students with the conceptual tools and professional preparation necessary to become accomplished school leaders. Coursework covers a variety of areas including supervision, leadership, assessment, decision making, student achievement, and school and community relations.
Building your career one course at a time
Students focus on one course per session allowing for rigorous course immersion. Each course lasts for seven-and-a-half weeks during which students build a strong academic background in the field of educational leadership. Students can earn their degree in 2 years without the stress of taking multiple courses simultaneously.
The online program offers the same accredited curricula as the on-campus equivalent and is taught by accomplished and credentialed faculty. Classes are delivered purely online and blend both theory and practice. An asynchronous, online course schedule provides you with the convenience and flexibility you need to earn your degree and still balance life's priorities.
What to expect as you move towards attaining your degree:
- 3 terms per year (Fall, Spring, and Summer)
- 2 sessions per term
- 1 course per session
- 7 1/2 week courses
- Blending of theory and practice
- Interaction between your peers and faculty
- Student support services including online access to library resources, technical support, and professional mentoring.
Graduate students enrolled in the Master of Arts in Educational Leadership seeking to be principals, vice principals, supervisors, directors, or school superintendents will participate in courses:
- To help develop and/or support a personal philosophy of education and social consciousness consistent with related theories of learning and human development.
- To develop characteristics required for effective leadership in education.
- To analyze educational organizations and plan programs and strategies for increasing organizational effectiveness.
- To develop techniques to facilitate interpersonal and group problem-solving and decision-making.
- To develop skills in managing change and conflict in educational endeavors.
- To interpret research findings and design and implement research techniques for their organizational needs.
- Interested in a traditional Educational Leadership program? Learn more about our Fast Track, Flexible and Off-Site/School District master's degree and certification programs.