The IT Service Desk is the first point of contact for all IT Services and will work steadfastly on ensuring that your issues are heard, escalated, and resolved. The IT Service Desk, located on the 5th floor of University Hall, has several ways that you can reach out to us for assistance in your computer hardware and software needs.
Please note: Information Technology does not provide any hardware troubleshooting support on personal computers for Faculty, Staff, or Students.
Hours of Support
Thursday, September 1st
|MONDAY – FRIDAY||SATURDAY||SUNDAY|
*Phone Support Only – No Front Desk Services Available
Please note the following exceptions:
Closed on the Following Day:
- Labor Day – Monday, September 5, 2022
- Thanksgiving – Thursday, November 24, 2022
Winter 2022 – 2023
Starting Thursday, December 22, 2022, through Monday, January 16, 2023, the IT Service Desk will operate on a modified schedule listed below.
- Thursday, December 22nd and Friday, December 23rd – 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Saturday, December 24th (Phone Support Only/No Walk-In Support) – 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Sunday, December 25th – Closed
- Monday, December 26th through Saturday, December 31st (Phone Support Only/No Walk-In Support) – 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Sunday, January 1st, and Monday, January 2nd – Closed
- Tuesday, January 3rd – Sunday, January 15th – 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Phone Support only on Saturdays and Sundays during this time
- Monday, January 16th – Closed
The Information Technology Service Desk is pleased to announce that we will be available via chat Monday – Friday from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm. This added support element will allow specified technicians to use Bomgar to securely chat with you and even have the ability to begin a remote session if necessary.
The Bomgar virtual application is integrated with ServiceNow in order to generate remote control sessions, and update tickets with the support session chat log and pertinent system information. This provides an accurate record of the Service Desk response and resolution to your request.
IT Service Desk
973-655-7971 (on Campus x7971)
- Option 1: General support questions (Networking, Email, Log in issues, Software, and Hardware)
- Option 2: Canvas Support
- Option 3: Student System Support (Nest, Banner)
- Option 4: Audio-Visual Classroom Emergencies
Workday Customer Care
973-655-5000 (on Campus x5000)
- Option 1: Workday Finance
(Requisitions, Purchase Orders, Supplier Invoice, Budget Amendments, Adjustments, Receipts, Supplier Create, Expense Reimbursements)
- Option 2: Workday Recruit/Performance Management
(PAR, Evaluations, Job Requisitions, Create Position)
- Option 3: Workday HR
(Hire Employees, Add Job, Period Activity Pay, Timesheets, Direct Deposit, Tax Elections, Temp Job Changes, 403B Updates, Payroll Payments)
- General IT Questions
- Canvas Support
- Workday Customer Care
- Student System Support