Students looking up at the camera and holding up signs that spell out, thanks!
Donor Impact Stories

Montclair State University Foundation expands impact with additional board members

Posted in: Montclair State University Donors

Aerial view of Montclair State University Campus and surrounding area.

As it grows to serve the University, the Montclair State University Foundation added five new board members, expanding its collective effort for outreach and support to advance the University.

“We are on a mission to create opportunities for Montclair students, and I am excited for the expertise these new board members bring and the impact we will continue to have in providing more resources to the University,” says Foundation Board Chair Gregory Collins ’79. “I am particularly pleased that alumni and members of the Montclair community are coming back to get involved in the Foundation’s work.”

The new members named to the board are:

Kevin Bradley ’84 ’19 Hon.

Kevin Bradley earned his bachelor’s in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting from Montclair in 1984 and has remained active with his alma mater, serving on the Feliciano School of Business Advisory Board, lecturing on campus and mentoring students. In 2019, Bradley was recognized with an honorary Doctor of Letters degree and was the University’s Commencement speaker.

As a former chief financial officer of two Fortune 500 companies, Bradley brings considerable business leadership along with a deep commitment to the University to his new role.

“I am honored to be joining a highly talented group of trustees on the Foundation board,” says Bradley. “I’m excited to play a part as we increase the Foundation’s impact on the University and its amazing students.”

Kevin Bradley ’84

Beth Gottung ’19 MA

Currently the executive director and co-head of Montclair Film, Beth Gottung ’19 MA has long ties to Montclair State University. She began her career in fundraising as the director of Athletic Advancement at the University in 2012 and served as director of development for the College of Education and Human Services. Prior to working in development, she was the head coach of Field Hockey at Montclair for 13 years, where she led the team to a National Championship appearance and a program record of 22 wins.

Gottung earned her bachelor’s in history and secondary education from American International College in 2000 and her master’s in American studies from Trinity College in 2002. In 2019, she earned her master’s from Montclair State University in communications with a concentration in public and organizational relations.

“I am humbled and excited to be serving the University in this new capacity,” says Gottung. “I’ve always believed in the quality of the education programs and the experience that Montclair State University provides for its students. I look forward to being a thought leader and partner to help further opportunities for students.”

Beth Gottung

Marilyn Grabowski

A celebrated entrepreneur, Marilyn Grabowski is president of Atlantic Infra, a group of companies that service the New Jersey utility industry. As a robust example of a woman thriving in a historically male dominated industry such as construction, Grabowski has built successful companies from the ground up. Through her tenacity and diligence, she has gained many precious life lessons that she passionately shares with students through her involvement with the Feliciano Center of Entrepreneurship and Innovation.

“With this opportunity to serve on the Foundation board, I can extend my support to the entire community at Montclair State University,” says Grabowski. “Education and mentorship are so important for students. They are our future leaders. Anything I can do to foster their growth is near and dear to my heart.”

Marilyn Grabowski

Julyne Derisse Simmons ’94

With an extensive career in human resources, Julyne Derisse Simmons ’94 is currently senior director, human resources at Sonic Healthcare USA, the third largest diagnostics healthcare company in the world. Previously, she was vice president, chief human resources officer at Transform Materials, a renewable energy semiconductor manufacturer.

As a student at Montclair, Simmons majored in French, minored in psychology, and was a part of the Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF) program. She went on to earn an MBA with a concentration in human resources from New York Institute of Technology.

“I am a purpose-driven person, and therefore I am passionate about contributing to causes that I believe benefit humankind in some way,” Simmons says. “I strongly believe in Carpe Diem and creating legacies of growth. Our University leadership has ambitious strategic goals for the school and communities in which we operate around academic, social and economic development that excite me. I am blessed to serve my alma mater in this role and to create opportunities for students so they can achieve their educational aspirations.”

Julyne Derisse Simmons

David Wertheim ’79

David Wertheim ’79 graduated from Montclair State University magna cum laude with a bachelor’s degree in history. As a student, he wrote for the Montclarion, played intramural sports and became a regular broadcaster for WMSC, the campus radio station. After graduating from the University, he went on to earn his law degree from Seton Hall University School of Law in 1984.

Wertheim serves as the vice president and senior counsel of Ferrari North America, Inc. In 2015, Wertheim was recognized with the University’s Distinguished Alumni Award. He is thankful for his time at Montclair, and believes it is important to give back to the institution that gave him so many opportunities.

“I am honored to have been named to serve on the Montclair State University Foundation Board and look forward to assisting the Board and giving back to the University,” says Wertheim.

The Montclair State University Foundation, Inc. was created in 1960 by alumni and friends to provide financially for the educational needs of Montclair State University. The Foundation is a separate not-for-profit 501 (c) (3) corporation established under the laws of the State of New Jersey.

David Wertheim