We can help you explore ways to use cash, securities, real estate or other assets to create a gift that will help you accomplish your personal and philanthropic goals while helping the University as well. Our development staff can explain the types of gifts available and the related tax advantages and work with you to design your desired gift option. We also urge you to consult your tax and legal advisors in regard to all charitable gifts.
You may give to your School/College or designate your gift for a scholarship, a specific department, institute or center, or even split your gift across multiple funds.
- Make an immediate impact. Give now via your credit or debit card through our secure online giving website to support Montclair State today.
- By Mail
- Mail your check – payable to the Montclair State University Foundation – to:
Montclair State University Foundation
1 Normal Avenue
Montclair, NJ 07043
Be sure to indicate to which fund, program, or area of the University you would like to apply your gift in the subject line.
- By Phone
- We will be happy to help you make your gift or answer any questions you may have. Contact the Montclair State Foundation at 973-655-4214 or email email@example.com for a call back. You can also give over the phone by speaking to one of our Red Hawk Callers. These student development officers love to hear from our donors and would be happy to help you make your gift.
Types of Gifts
- Cash Gifts
- For cash gifts, please refer to the above for online, mail or phone instructions.
- Securities, Stock, Personal Property
- Gifts of securities or stock from publicly traded or private companies of appreciated securities, mutual fund shares, and closely held or restricted stock valued at more than $1,000 both benefit Montclair State and may provide you with potential tax advantages.
- Donor Advised Fund
- Recommending a gift to Montclair State University through your donor advised fund (DAF) is simple. You can donate directly to the University by providing the information below to the sponsoring organization of your fund.
- Information to Make a Donor Advised Fund Gift
- Legal Name: Montclair State University Foundation
Federal Tax ID Number: 22-6017209
Mailing Address: 1 Normal Avenue, Montclair, NJ 07043
- For more information visit our page on MyLegacyGift, contact the Office of Gift Planning at 973-655-3695 or email Ely F. Santoni at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Matching Gifts
- To maximize your gift, check if your employer sponsors a matching gift program that can double or even triple your own contribution to Montclair State University.
- Gift Intentions
- You can customize your gift intention to give larger gifts over time. Choose monthly, bimonthly, quarterly, annual and other installment options.
- Legacy Gifts
- Bequests, trusts, life income plans and life insurance are all examples of legacy or planned gifts. Read more about how you might benefit from a legacy gift to Montclair State and contact Ely Santoni, Senior Director of Gift Planning, at 973-655-3695.
- Memorial and Honorary
- A gift in memory or in honor of a friend or loved one is a lasting expression of esteem. We can help you choose fitting commemorations for any memorial or honorary gift.
- Payroll Deduction
- Whether you are part of our stellar faculty, a dedicated staff member, an emeritus faculty member, or a former staff member, your hard work makes it possible for more than 21,000 students to thrive in an outstanding learning and living environment. The University is a better place thanks to your dedication and service. You can make an additional impact with your gift, using the convenience of Payroll Deduction (PDF).