Student Development – Giving - Montclair State University

Student Development

You can fund a scholarship, graduate teaching assistantship, or student development programs at Montclair State University through outright gifts of cash, stock, land, personal property, or a deferred gift in a charitable trust, or as a bequest. These gifts can support:

  • Scholarship programs for talented, deserving undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students, as well as non-traditional-aged undergraduates. These scholarships are managed to ensure that special provisions of your gift are carried out in perpetuity.
    • Endowed scholarships may be created to fit the criteria you deem most important in recipients and may be created incrementally over a three-year period.
    • Graduate teaching assistantships may be created to fit your criteria. Like endowed scholarships, they can be named.
    • Annual scholarships are based on pledged amounts over a set number of years for qualified students. They may be named and establish specific criteria for recipients.
    • Lump-sum scholarships are awarded until the money is exhausted. They may also be named and designed to meet specific criteria.
    • The Second Century Scholarship Fund directs gifts to numerous existsing scholarships throughout the University.
  • New programs and services that will enhance the academic, social, recreational, or cultural experience of Montclair State students.

To learn more about making a designated gift for Student Development at Montclair State University, please contact our Development staff at 973-655-3060 or email us at