Navigate connects you to your support team across campus. Learn how to use this technology to schedule appointments and check in to student services departments!
Features & Tools for Students
- Quickly and easily schedule appointments for academic advising, career
counseling and other support areas.
- Check into appointments and access service areas through kiosks around
- Log into NEST and click on Navigate.
- This will bring you to the Navigate home page and show you classes for the term. In the top right corner, you can select “Make an appointment.”
- Select the type of appointment you wish to schedule. (Currently the only option is Academic Advising, but more will come in the future!).
- Select the reason for your meeting.
- Select the type of Academic Advising you need. The options here will list the colleges and/or programs you are in.
- Once you select your college or program, you can choose an advisor associated with that college or program from the drop down list.
- It will then show the selected advisor’s availability. Select the date and time that works best for you. Click “Next.”
- Appointment details are provided for your review. If you want to receive an email or text to confirm the appointment, please select the box. To proceed with the appointment scheduling, click “Confirm Appointment.”
- Success! Your appointment has been created.
Through Navigate, your instructors can let you know if they have concerns about your academic performance. They do this by completing a “progress report” in Navigate. This will typically happen in the fourth and eighth weeks of the semester, but instructors can raise concerns at any point.
When an instructor raises a concern, it is important for you to recognize it and take next steps. This is an opportunity for you to improve. Below are examples of alerts that may be raised, and what you can do to get help.
|Alert / Concern||Description||Next Steps|
|Absence||This concern is raised if your absences are impacting your grade or ability to pass the course.||Follow up with your professor, find out what you have missed in class, talk with your advisor about ways you can address your class attendance.|
|Greater Participation Encouraged||This concern is raised if you are not demonstrating engagement in class.||Change your behavior in class: ask questions, participate in discussion, show that you are engaged, follow up with your professor.|
|Missing Assignments||This concern is raised if your grades on assignments, quizzes and test are poor.||Follow up with your professor, visit the Academic Success Center, Follow up with your advisor.|
|Poor Grades||This concern is raised if you have not submitted assignments for class.||Submit your missing assignments, reflect upon why your assignment was missing and create a plan.|
|Tutoring Recommended||This concern is raised when your instructor suggests you seek tutoring for the subject.||Visit the Academic Success Center tutoring website to view the current tutoring schedule, schedule an appointment, and/or view contact information, follow up with your instructor.|