What Is Greek Life?
Greek Life here at Montclair State is an amazing opportunity to get involved, build your leadership and gain lifelong friendships. Our Greek community is comprised of 37 organizations that promote leadership, scholarship, philanthropy/service and creating bonds of brother/sister/siblinghood. Greek Life prides themselves on developing leaders, continuing academic success and holding fun events throughout the semester. Greek Life can be a home away from home if you are looking to get more involved and personalize your college experience. Greek organizations are Class V organizations under the SGA Inc.
Are You Eligible to Join Greek Life?
All Montclair State undergraduate students are eligible to join Greek Life as long as you have a cumulative GPA of a 2.5 and have completed 12 credits at Montclair State University.
How Do You Join?
The best way to learn about Greek Life is coming out and meet our 37 organizations! Each Greek organization is governed by a sub-council and they hold their own recruitment events.
- National Panhellenic Conference (NPC) are the four national sororities:
Delta Phi Epsilon, Phi Sigma Sigma, Sigma Delta Tau and Sigma Sigma Sigma
- Interfraternity Council (IFC) are the national fraternities:
Sigma Pi, Delta Chi, Pi Kappa Alpha, Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia, Theta Xi, Alpha Chi Rho, Alpha Phi Delta, Kappa Sigma
- Professional House (PRO) are the national gender inclusive organizations:
Alpha Phi Omega, Phi Sigma Pi and Theta Delta Sigma.
- Local Greek Organizations are the local fraternities and sororities:
- Sororities - Theta Kappa Chi, Sigma Delta Phi, Alpha Iota Chi and Delta Xi Delta
- Fraternities - Tau Phi Beta and Phi Alpha Psi Senate
- United Greek Coalition (UGC) are the Latino/a and multicultural based national organizations:
- Sororities - Chi Upsilon Sigma, Omega Phi Chi, Lambda Theta Alpha, Mu Sigma Upsilon, Lambda Tau Omega and Sigma Lambda Upsilon
- Fraternities - Delta Sigma Iota, Lambda Theta Phi, Lambda Upsilon Lambda, Sigma Phi Rho, Psi Sigma Phi and Lambda Sigma Upsilon
- National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC) are historically African American organizations known as the Divine Nine:
- Sororities - Zeta Phi Beta and Alpha Kappa Alpha
- Fraternities - Iota Phi Theta and Omega Psi Phi
Greek Organization Fair: Monday, January 25, 6:00 - 9:00 p.m., Student Center Ballrooms
- Meet the Locals: Wednesday, January 20, 7:00-10:00 p.m., Student Center Ballrooms
- Meet the IFC: Tuesday, January 26, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Student Center Ballrooms
- Meet the Pros: Tuesday, January 26, 8:00-10:00 p.m., Student Center Dining Room
- NPC Formal Recruitment: Friday, January 29 - Monday, February 1, Student Center - *Pre registration is required for this recruitment event Registration closes on January 26
- Meet the UGC: February 1, 7:00-10:00 p.m., Student Center Ballrooms
- UGC Carnival: Tuesday, February 2, 7:00-10:00 p.m., Student Center Ballrooms
Reach out to the Office of Greek Life for any questions about Greek Life or recruitment!