Continue your education, advance your career and become a leader who can make a difference.
Credit Hours: 32 | Courses
The Master of Science in Sustainability Science with a concentration in Sustainability Leadership (Professional Science Master’s) is an online graduate degree program designed to fill a management need for governmental agencies, non-profit organizations and private-sector companies. Students pursue advanced training in sustainability science, while simultaneously developing valued business skills. The Professional Science Master’s (PSM) in Sustainability Leadership is designed for students to develop analytical skills and the ability to seek optimal solutions to complex issues. Coursework stresses the development of important communication skills; the ability to manage multiple tasks; the capacity to develop strategic vision in sustainability; and the necessary competencies to translate sustainability science theory into applied decision-making.
Develop the strategic management and leadership skills needed to drive a sustainable future. With an MS in Sustainability Science from Montclair State University, you will be prepared to support and advance social, economic and environmental sustainability in your organization, agency or community.
- Continuous enrollment.
- Students can choose a fully online program or limited on-site experience for research or capstone projects.
- Program is international in scope and students can do international projects.
- Students starting in the fall may complete the program in as little as one year. Students interested in the accelerated option should discuss their plan with the graduate program coordinator.
- Special tuition rates for the online program.
From a practical perspective, people trained in sustainability science are geared to save costs relative to energy and material use; reduce organization risk; increase an organization’s brand and popular appeal; invent new products and services; and add value to their employer organizations.
Sustainability professionals and managers are employed as:
- Alternative energy specialists
- Business operations specialists
- Chief Sustainability Officers
- Civil engineers
- Compliance officers
- Conservation scientists
- Energy and water usage auditors and managers
- Environmental lawyers
- Financial analysts
- Green design and construction specialists
- Industrial ecologists
- Industrial managers
- Life cycle assessment specialists
- Marketing specialists
- Project managers
- Recycling coordinators
- Sustainability accountants
- Transportation, storage, and distribution managers
- Urban and regional planners
Where our alumni are employed
- See where EAES alumni are employed.
Job Outlook and Salary Information for Sustainability Scientists
- US Bureau of Labor Statistics: Is a Sustainability Career on your Green Horizon?
- US Bureau of Labor Statistics: Occupational Outlook for Environmental Scientists