students serious in a lecture hall

Transfer Students FAQs

Have questions about your Orientation Experience? Let us answer them for you! You can also email us at or message us on our Live Chat.

When is my Orientation?

All students are required to complete the New Student Webinars and Welcome Week program leading up to Red Hawk Day.

New Student Webinars, also known as “Orientation+,” will be held between June and July 2023.

Welcome Week dates are available between August 17 – August 25, 2022. All Orientation Experience dates are based on availability.

Registration will determine which dates you are required to complete.

  • Residents: Move-in to your assigned residence hall prior to your Orientation dates!
  • Commuters: Check-in, pick up your University ID and join us for your Orientation!
How long will Orientation be?

New Student Webinars, also known as “Orientation+” will be 1-1.5 hours long.

Orientation Days at Welcome Week are 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day.

All students are required to complete the first-Welcome Day of their Welcome Week schedule.

What will Orientation be like?

During your Orientation Experience, you will:

  • Connect with Orientation Leaders and students within your major.
  • Meet representatives from different campus departments.
  • Learn more about campus and resources available to you.
Where can I find the Orientation Schedule?

The Welcome Week Schedule will be shared with you via the Montclair State University mobile Guidebook app.

Our mobile app schedule will launch August 1, 2023.

What if I require special accommodations?

If you need accommodations to support you in your Orientation experience, the Office of Student Belonging will coordinate those arrangements for you.

Please provide those details on the Orientation Registration form.

When do I register for classes?

Transfer students should make an appointment with their advisor to register for classes (one week after paying the deposit). Please refer to Step 4 on the Transfer Student Checklist.

How do I change my major?

Prior to fall courses beginning, new transfer students may submit a Change of Major Request to Undergraduate Admissions.