- Activate your GI Bill via the VA website.
- You will be redirected to VONAP website.
- If you have previously used benefits, you may be able to complete a form manually – contact Certifying Official.
- Activate the ebenefits site located at the VA website.
- Activate DD-214 if coming off of active duty or deployment.
- Provide copies of DD-214, Commander’s Certification, and Notice of Basic Eligibility (if applicable).
- File FAFSA and complete HESAA questionnaire. If eligible for Pell grant, may need to complete Request for Review with Financial Aid Office.
- Meet with Veteran Advisor for on-boarding meeting.
- Meet with Certifying Official to discuss required paperwork and benefits:
- Complete and submit pre-enrollment form and schedule of courses prior to each semester.
- Students who have served, or who are currently serving in the United States Armed Forces, are strongly encouraged to submit their Joint Services Transcript (JST) to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
- Upon receipt, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions will review the document and award credit for any entries listed at the lower baccalaureate level or higher.
- With the exception of credit for Physical Education, all other credits will come in as free electives.
- If applicable, the student may check with the appropriate department to determine if the credit can be used to fulfill a degree requirement.
- For questions, contact Veteran Admissions Recruiter.
Veteran & Military Contacts
Undergraduate Admissions Recruiter
College Hall 100
Webster Hall 110
973-655-3567 – fax
Webster Hall 321