About the Department of Writing Studies
Uniting professional communication and rhetorical studies, our dedicated faculty of scholars and working writers prepare and empower students to be dynamic thinkers and writers in the 21st century. Writing Studies is an essential foundation for a diversity of careers in professional, civic, technical, and scientific writing, and key preparation for graduate studies in writing. We hope you’ll take a moment to explore the variety of our courses, activities, and events as well as introduce yourself to the faculty and students who have found excellence in Writing Studies.
– Students now have the opportunity to major in Public and Professional Writing.
– If you have questions about the major or minor or need to talk to the Chair, email Jessica Restaino.
– Questions about First-Year Writing should be directed to Caroline Dadas.
– Looking to waive a general education course?
– For a fuller view of program activities, please email Jessica Restaino to request a copy of the Writing Studies annual report.