Center of Pedagogy
HOURS OF OPERATION
The Center of Pedagogy is a unique structure at Montclair State University. The COP coordinates all aspects of teacher education for undergraduate and graduate initial teacher certification programs, a network of more than 25 school district partnerships, grant-funded projects for recruiting and preparing new teachers, and professional development for faculty on campus and in the schools.
If you are an undergraduate student interested in Teacher Education, you should first attend a How to Apply Information session offered this semester:
- Wednesday, June 7, 2017 2:30-4:00pm UN Rm:1060
- Wednesday, July 12, 2017 2:30-4:00pm UN Rm:1060
- Wednesday, August 9, 2017 2:30-4:00pm UN Rm:1060
- Wednesday, August 30, 2017 2:30-4:00pm UN Rm:1060
The application and instructions for applying to the undergraduate Teacher Education Program can be found here.
Please note that if you are interested in:
• P/3, K/6 or PEHL programs: Adrian Reagan is the advisor that you should be seeing. You can book appointments with her by visiting reagana.youcanbook.me
• DD/DC programs: Carla Engstrom is the advisor that you should be seeing. You can book an appointment with her by visiting: carlaparryengstrom.youcanbook.me
• P-12 subject area programs: Ian Bouie is the advisor that you should be seeing. You can book an appointment with him by visiting: bouiei.youcanbook.me
If you are interested in becoming a graduate Teacher Education student, you should first attend the upcoming graduate event:
- Thursday, September 21st at 6 PM
- Sunday, October 22nd at 12 PM
In addition to a general overview on applying to the Graduate School at MSU, there will be a specific break out session for those interested in our Teacher Education programs and faculty from various disciplines will also be available to answer questions. More general information can also be found at the Graduate School’s website at: http://www.moUpdatentclair.edu/graduate
Center of Pedagogy Brochure
The MSU Network for Educational Renewal, the Newark-Montclair Urban Teacher Residency Program and the Center of Pedagogy in the College of Education and Human Services are featured examples in a news brief published by FHI 360, in collaboration with the Teachers for a New Era (TNE) Learning Network, titled "Partnering to Prepare Tomorrow's Teachers: Examples from Practice".
University Hall, Room 1180
Tel: (973) 655-4262