Requirements for the Teacher Education Program may vary by certification or degree program. However, for full consideration, all applicants must show evidence of the following:
- Admission to Montclair State University – Undergraduate Admissions
- Passing standardized test score (ACT, SAT, or Praxis Core)
- Meeting overall GPA of 3.0 for applicants to a single certification program or 3.25 for applicants to the Combined Bachelor’s/Master’s Program with Dual Certification
- Meeting the minimum GPA in the respective major
- Demonstrating evidence of satisfactory written and oral skills
Supplemental Essay Requirements
- Single Certification applicants can apply with an overall and / or major GPA of 2.75 or better
- Dual Certification applicants can apply with an overall and / or major GPA of 3.0 or better
- If you meet these GPA requirements for each respective certification you must complete the Supplemental Essay as part of the application process.
Applications are considered complete and ready for review when all of the following materials are submitted by the application deadline.
- Completed Teacher Education application
- Unofficial Montclair State University transcript (this can be accessed through NEST)
- Copy of official passing test score for ACT, SAT, or Praxis Core
- Professional reference letter
- Admission essay(s)
|Fall Admission (Single AND Dual Certification)
|Spring Admission (Single Certification ONLY)
Please note: Combined Bachelor’s / Master’s with Dual Certification applicants can ONLY begin in the Fall, and have a deadline of February 1st.
Questions about Teacher Education?
If you are interested in learning how to apply to the Teacher Education Program, please book an appointment with the Teacher Education Admissions staff. Please note that all appointments will be conducted via Zoom.
Cherese Jackson, Temporary Program Specialist
cheresejackson.youcanbook.me (non-MSU students)
If you are a current Montclair student, please use the Navigate system in NEST to schedule an appointment.