Student Pre-Law Resources
A letter from Dr. Marilyn R. Tayler, University Pre-Law Advisor
As the Pre-Law Advisor for the university, I welcome you and look forward to assisting you on the path to law school. Informational materials are available online and/or in hard copy in the Department of Political Science and Law located in Dickson Hall, Room 204. These include but are not limited too:
- Information about 2015 Law Admissions Day;
- A sample Pre-Law Calendar that will help you in planning the right time for you to take the LSAT and apply to law school;
- The Law School Admissions Council website contains a wealth of information for prospective law students;
- "The Law School Applications Process," is a narrative containing helpful tips prepared by Montclair State University Alumni who have successfully completed the process;
- Information to assist you in preparing your "Personal Statement";
- Information to assist you in obtaining letters of recommendation and guidelines to assist your recommendation writers in preparing letters for law school applicants;
- The latest "Boston College Law School Locator" contains a grid of the average LSAT scores and grade point averages of accepted candidates at most American Bar Association accredited law schools;
- The U.S. News and World Report ranking of law schools;
- Sample catalogs for many law schools;
- LSAT applications & online services;
- News and events of interest.
I look forward to assisting you throughout this process. My e-mail address is email@example.com or you can call me at 973-655-4196.