At the undergraduate level, the Department of Political Science and Law offers two majors and four minors.
1) Political Science major (33 credits required). This major enables students to pursue areas of interest in American Government and Politics, International Relations, Comparative Politics, and Political Theory.
2) Jurisprudence, Law and Society major (33 credits required). This major provides a solid foundation for students aspiring to law school and other graduate studies, as well as for work in many other careers that require analytic, conceptual and communications skills.
1) Global Security and Diplomacy (18 credits required)
2) Political Science (18 credits required)
3) Public Administration (18 credits required)
4) Pre-law (21 credits required) (This minor provides preparation for students planning to seek admission to law school.)
Explore All Majors and Minors
The MA in Law and Governance is a program combining state of the art public policy and state of the art legal analysis in a regulatory law context. Graduates typically work in legal and policy application in industry, state and local government, private non-profit organizations, non-governmental organizations and international organizations.