At the undergraduate level, the Department of Political Science and Law offers two majors and four minors.
- Political Science major (33 credits required). This major enables students to pursue areas of interest in American Government and Politics, International Relations, Comparative Politics, and Political Theory.
- Jurisprudence, Law and Society major (33 credits required). This major provides a solid foundation for students aspiring to law school and other graduate studies, as well as for work in many other careers that require analytic, conceptual and communications skills.
- Policy Studies major (42 credits required). This major provides students with an understanding of the public policy process through a multidisciplinary curriculum grounded in Political Science. Students majoring in Policy Studies gain a practical skillset preparing them for work in government, with interest groups, businesses, and non-profits.
- Global Security and Diplomacy (18 credits required)
- Political Science (18 credits required)
- Public Administration (18 credits required)
- Pre-law (21 credits required) (This minor provides preparation for students planning to seek admission to law school.)
Explore All Majors and Minors
The MA in Law and Governance is a program combining state of the art public policy and state of the art legal analysis in a regulatory law context. Graduates typically work in legal and policy application in industry, state and local government, private non-profit organizations, non-governmental organizations and international organizations.