Construction is ongoing for the new combined heating, cooling, and power (CHCP) plant next to Car-Parc Diem (formerly Parking Lot 26) and the installation of distribution piping is continuing on University Promenade.
As the work progresses, campus vehicular roadways will be intermittently affected and students moving into campus residence halls over the Labor Day weekend should be aware of the following:
- Both Webster and Quad Roads remain closed to vehicular and pedestrian through traffic.
- Vehicles will be directed along Carlisle Road to Yogi Berra Drive to access the west end of the campus and Parking Lot 17.
- Campus Shuttle service will be available at the North end of University Hall at a newly installed bus loop and bus stop.
- University Promenade in front of University Hall and the east/west passage between Partridge and Calcia Halls will be open for pedestrian traffic beginning September 1.
- Students moving into Blanton Hall should consult the Blanton Hall move-in map which shows the vehicular traffic patterns and the route for vehicles to access the northern end of the campus.
All roadways and pedestrian routs will be clearly marked so the campus community can navigate construction areas easily. All buildings will remain open and accessible.
We will continue to issue regular updates on the progress of the construction by email and on our website, CHCP.
Thank you for your continued cooperation and support with our effort to improve the University infrastructure.