Some Montclair State undergraduate students are required to meet with their advisor before they can register for the fall '17 semester.
If academic advising is mandatory for you, your academic advisor will provide you with your own unique registration PIN that will enable you to register for courses in Banner, via NEST. This registration PIN is needed to unlock the system to you, and only you, to sign up for your classes.
Please note: Registration PINs are unique to a semester’s registration. PINs from previous semesters will not work when registering for fall ‘17.
Who Needs A PIN?
The following undergraduate students must meet with their advisor to receive a registration PIN:
- First-year students
- Undeclared majors
- Undergraduate students majoring in Anthropology or Earth and Environmental Sciences also are required to have an advising appointment before registering.
Additionally, students with priority registration will receive an "Alternate PIN" via email.
Everyone Should See Their Advisor!
Academic advising is an important function of higher education. The role of advising is to guide you, the student, on how to transition to your learning environment and become the primary architect and executor of your own education plans. So, make an appointment today, and see your advisor!
If you don’t know who your advisor is, you can find this information in NEST:
- Log into NEST using your University NetID and password. (montclair.edu/nest)
- Navigate to the “Degree Audit” portlet.
- Select the “Degree Works” link in this portlet.
- In your Degree Audit, you can find your academic advisor(s) along with their contact information.
- If no academic advisor is listed in this space and you have a major, please contact your academic department.