Ways to get a good night's sleep:
- Sleep with an eye mask. A dark, comfortable environment promotes sounder sleep.
- Regular exercise helps relieve stress making it easier to fall asleep.
- White noise, such as a fan, can help block out noises.
- Stick to a pattern. It takes between 3-7 days for the body to reset and adjust to a new pattern.
Things that interrupt your sleep:
- Consuming caffeine after mid afternoon can cause restless sleep.
- Nicotine is a stimulant and may prevent sleep.
- Alcohol may make you fall asleep faster but it can disrupt your sleep patterns and compromise the overall quality of sleep.