Graduate Business Programs Academic Policy (Effective Fall 2023)
While Graduate School policy governs minimum standards for academic actions, graduate students in the Feliciano School of Business will have additional academic requirements placed upon them in certain circumstances. These are described below. All graduate students in the School of Business, regardless of modality of program, or number of credits in which they are enrolled, fall under these requirements and must avail themselves of this information:
- Students must maintain a GPA of 3.00. If a student’s GPA falls below a 3.00, the student will be placed on academic probation by the Graduate School. The student must raise his/her GPA to at least a 3.00 upon completion of an additional six credits of coursework or one semester, whichever is later. This may include summer sessions.
- Failure to achieve a GPA of 3.00 within the prescribed period of time will lead to academic dismissal by the Graduate School.
- A student who earns an F grade must request permission to repeat the course, and if approved, must repeat that course at its next offering, unless he/she has been dismissed. The student may be allowed to enroll in additional courses (this will be at the discretion of their academic advisor, to ensure that the student is positioned for academic success).
- Upon earning a second F grade, whether or not the first F grade has already been replaced with a passing grade, the student must request permission to repeat the course(s) and if approved, must successfully repeat the course(s) prior to enrolling in/completing any additional courses.
- Upon earning a third F grade, whether or not the first and/or second F grades have already been replaced with a passing grade, the student’s Academic Program may recommend to The Graduate School that the student be dismissed.