The Montclair State University Center for Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology serves the audiologic needs of individuals in the community and provides opportunities for outstanding clinical education for our audiology doctoral students.
Evaluations are carried out by doctoral students under the direct supervision of highly-experienced licensed and certified Audiologists.
Our clinic is known for:
- Evaluation and treatment of individuals across the lifespan
- Convenient scheduling
- Quality care
- Individualized attention
- Comprehensive diagnostic hearing evaluations for children and adults
- Adult and pediatric hearing aid services
- Auditory brainstem testing
- Otoacoustic emissions testing
- Custom earmolds and hearing protection devices
- Communication needs assessment
- Hearing healthcare counseling
- Comprehensive balance testing
- Auditory processing disorders testing
- Opportunities to participate in clinical research
How do you hear?
If you answer yes to three or more questions, please call us to make an appointment at 973-655-3934.
- Do you have trouble hearing in the presence of background noise?
- Do you have trouble hearing the soft sounding voices of women or children?
- Do you have trouble following a conversation, especially in a group setting?
- Do others complain that the volume is too loud while you are watching television or listening to the radio?
- Do you strain to understand certain words or speech sounds?
- Do you find yourself asking people to repeat themselves?
- Do people seem to mumble?
- Do family and friends get annoyed by your hearing difficulties?
- Do you have a problem hearing while speaking on the telephone?
*Courtesy of NIDCD- National Institute of Deafness and other Communication Disorders one of the National Institutes of Health.