The vision of CREEHS is to partner with organizations and scholars to plan, strengthen, and sustain the services they provide for the well-being of communities.
The Center’s mission is to partner with clients to collect and use data to strengthen their programs and services. We tailor our services to meet the unique needs of our clients and their stakeholders. We provide high quality program planning and evaluation services, applying innovative and collaborative techniques to bridge the gap between research and practice. This includes building capacity and providing hands-on training to individuals who serve the community.
Ultimately, our goal is to help our clients use information in ways that improve their programs so there are better outcomes for program stakeholders.
The Center provides program planning, evaluation, and applied research services related to:
- needs assessment (e.g., community audits)
- program design (e.g., program plans, logic models)
- evaluation design (e.g., evaluation plans, SMART objectives)
- instrument development (e.g., surveys, interview and focus group protocols)
- data collection (e.g., surveys, interviews, focus groups, observations)
- data analysis (e.g., quantitative, qualitative)
- reporting (e.g., user-focused reports, data visualizations, GIS maps)
- evaluation and measurement capacity building (e.g., workshops, trainings, technical assistance)
CREEHS serves partners working in a range of program areas, including:
- education (e.g., teacher preparation and professional development, community schools, after school programs, STEM education),
- public health and health care (e.g., community health, active living and healthy eating, food security, diabetes care), and
- human services (e.g., substance abuse and intervention, aging, service learning, youth development, community development).
Accessibility, listening, willingness to participate in a project from the start to get a sense of what needs to be measured, range of expertise is wide and deep.