Photo of student helping child write with markers.

Student Advisement

Although assistance is available to students, you are ultimately responsible for selecting and registering for courses, for knowing the University policies outlined in the catalog, and for being aware of what requirements you need to fulfill for your degree. You are encouraged to contact your advisor at any time during the year if difficulties arise.


All undergraduate students should contact Mr. Christopher Cottle, the Department Undergraduate Advisor. He can be reached by phone 973-655-3387, or by email, or call the FSHD department office 973-655-4171 for appointment times.

If you are an undergraduate student enrolled in another major and are interested in changing your major to Family Science and Human Development with a concentration in School Settings, please review our requirements for internal transfer students for this concentration only.


All PhD students should contact Dr. Sara Goldstein. She can be reached by email: